Bare Feet or shoes?

pcmodhouse

i never walk barefoot . there are to many crazy things that can happen . ever since i saw a show about a guy walking the beach in the carribean. he had a microscopic bacteria end up in his foot and spent 7 months in the hospital and lost his leg .

I wear flip flops mostly. We only did one beach day on the Pearl as we wanted to see more on the port days and wore flip flops and was fine. The sand wasn't too hot and if you got a seat close enough to the water it wasn't too bad. It is also easy enough to wear aquashoes or something similiar. I wouldn't suggest (I haven't had this happen) leaving your flip flops or sandals by the water as they can be 1. stolen or 2. washed away if the tide is strong enough.

I am planning on bringing several flip flops but also aquashoes as we are planning on snorkeling and some other stuff.

I have to take my aquashoes! While the hot sand is bad enough, the risk of cutting the bottom of my foot on glass/sharp metal is very real. I don't want to chance an infection either!

Aquashoes stay packed in my suitcase!

I am so afraid of my feet burning again like last year on the beach so I bought some Aqua Shoes. Plus I hate walking barefoot on hot sand so it serves a dual purpose. What do you do?

Flip flops or barefoot

Some beaches have hot sand but if you are walking close to the water where the sand is humid you will ahve no problem with the temp

I experienced the HOTTEST sand ever when I was in Mazatlan in May. Unfortunately, I only had flip flops and we all know what will happen to them if you wear them in the water:eek: Next time, I'm going to bring aqua or another type of shoe that will stay on my feet when in the water:)

flip flops work best and can get wet in the water too !

notice the name, "aqua shoes" or "water shoes"

They are made to go in the water, and fit like tennis shoes,

we always get new for the cruise, and wear them every place we go if a chance of getting wet, then at the end of the week we leave them in the room to be disposed of, (or kept) they are inexpensive, and you don't have to deal with the sand, and possible bugs going home with you.

i never walk barefoot . there are to many crazy things that can happen . ever since i saw a show about a guy walking the beach in the carribean. he had a microscopic bacteria end up in his foot and spent 7 months in the hospital and lost his leg .

This could happen in your own house too! Its about being smart.

notice the name, "aqua shoes" or "water shoes"

They are made to go in the water, and fit like tennis shoes,

we always get new for the cruise, and wear them every place we go if a chance of getting wet, then at the end of the week we leave them in the room to be disposed of, (or kept) they are inexpensive, and you don't have to deal with the sand, and possible bugs going home with you.

and I am very familiar with "Aqua Shoes" thank you.... they are hot and uncomfortable for me thus my suggestion !

Not to mention they also give you the white sock look.....if you tan easily like me:D No thank you........

yeppers... I was going to add that to the post but figured, who cares what I think !

<------prefers a nice looking tan foot than tan stopping at ankles or top of foot ! :)

I use Vibram Five Fingers. I'm at the beach or in the water alot so I wanted something that I felt more comfortable in then the aquashoes. Now I have other pairs that is use for running around the house and taking care of the animals outside. I love them and can't speak highly enough of them.

http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/products/products_Sprint_f.cfm

I am so afraid of my feet burning again like last year on the beach so I bought some Aqua Shoes. Plus I hate walking barefoot on hot sand so it serves a dual purpose. What do you do?

Only bare feet on the sand for me. :D I love the feel of the soft sand squishing between my toes. Most white sand beaches don't really feel hot to me. The hottest sand was on the black sand beaches on the Big Island of Hawaii.

Archived