Dining room etiquette

NewHere

In the "free" restaurants, order as many main entrees as you want!!! I often mix it up....I may not order more than one main entree, but I might order two or three appetizers or multiple desserts. Sometimes, if my main entree disappoints, I will order a second.

This will be our first NCL however in our past cruises on another line we often did that. Except our last because the food wasnt that good. However i will not hold back our upcoming cruise!!!

• 3 weeks later...
David noted that you can order multiple entress in the "free" restaurants, but what about the specialty restaurants? Is it frowned upon to order more than 1 lobster tail?

I can only speak for the specialty restaurants on other NCL ships as I haven't been on Epic yet. You may order multiple appetizers and deserts in the specialty restaurants but only one entree. If you want an additional lobster tail, I wouldn't doubt you will have to pay extra for it.

Back from the cruise-the speciality restaurants seemed to handle this differently.

Tappanyaki - don't worry about their combos, you can make your own up. But (obviously) you can't order more (since the cooking is done tableside).

LaCucina -never asked for a second anything (but they even offered us multiple entrees without being asked)

Cagneys, LeBistro-asked for a 2nd appetizer (couldn't decide either time) and was gievn it, but had to repeat it three or four times (in each restaurant). It was like they were purposly misunderstanding me, and asked "sow hich do you want"? Made me uncomfortable. Like I was asking for something I shouldn't have asked for.

Shangai - we didn't ask for anything extra, so I don't know

This is strictly my .02 but on our last cruise, the people at our table (RCCL) ordered 2 or 3 entree's every meal and then only ate 1/4 of any of them....bugged the crap out of me and that sense of entitlement (I paid for this cruise so I'm getting everything I can for free) just seemed plain wrong.

I know that many people will disagree with me, but I figure it drives the overall costs up for all passengers, (in this case) made large people even larger and I'm guessing more unhealthy and it really made me mad. I finally said something to them and the next night they were at another table....go on your cruise, have fun, order 2 entree's if you really can't decide one night but (again my advice only) don't abuse the system. :)

You can always order anything you want from the free dining rooms. We only paid for one, the Moderno. Was very good. They came around with many different cuts of meat, and we were given as much as we wanted. Nobody could go away hungry from there! Was worth the $18 cover charge.

Archived