Graycliff Cigar Company

Gadget1969

Returning to Nassau in the Fall and would like to hear about others' experience at Graycliff. I have seen that a Cigar Factory Tour and Rum Tasting shore excursion is available through Disney, but can this tour be purchased directly (we are sailing on the Carnival Fascination)?

Can you just show up and take in the boutique area not being a hotel guest?

Do they have a coffee shop or "snack" area where you can get a cup of coffee, try some chocolate, or sample some rum without trying for a full meal in the restaurant?

Any info appreciated!

For the cigar factory, you can just show up.

No "excursion" neccesary.

The first time we went to Nassau, we went to the cigar factory (really a large room off the smoking lounge/sales area) and bought a few cigars and sat down and enjoyed a smoke there.

Then as we were leaving the lady running the register in the cigar lounge told us to feel free to walk around the hotel grounds. (I'm guessing, because there did not seem to be many people staying there at the time)

The grounds were gorgeous, looking like an old 1930's style fancy Hollywood hotel.

Bill

Thanks Bill.

I had emailed Graycliff and got a quick reply. They will offer the cigar and rum tasting that is offered through Disney for $95 a person but has to be at least 6 people. They also said tour was free and that we were free to buy some cigars, coffee, etc and enjoy them there without trying to get into the dining room.

I appreciate the response, does anyone else have any suggestions for rum, coffee, or favorites cigars there?

Graycliff is a nice place. The factory is fairly small but there are usually 12-15 rollers in there at any given time.

Their cigars are pricey so be forewarned. A typical cigar will run you $20. Their red and blue line are mild. The purple and green line are medium and the expresso line is pretty full bodied.

To get you in the mood of what you'll see here are some pics from our trips to Graycliff. I'll be there again this December.

BTW, what day will you be in Nassau. We sail on the Fantasy and will be in Nassau on December 13th. Maybe we can meet up...if you're there that day.

GraycliffsignTim-x.jpg

GraycliffbigcigarTim-x.jpg

Graycliffrollers-x.jpg

100_1447.jpg

GraycliffsmokingroomTim-x.jpg

Graycliffsmokingroomgirls-x.jpg

Where is Graycliff in relation to the cruise ship port? We are going to the Fish Fry for a late lunch and I was wondering if this would be of interest to us on the way back to the ship (a jitney stop?) especially for the ones who do not smoke!

Thanks!

Graycliff is a nice place. The factory is fairly small but there are usually 12-15 rollers in there at any given time.

Their cigars are pricey so be forewarned. A typical cigar will run you $20. Their red and blue line are mild. The purple and green line are medium and the expresso line is pretty full bodied.

To get you in the mood of what you'll see here are some pics from our trips to Graycliff. I'll be there again this December.

BTW, what day will you be in Nassau. We sail on the Fantasy and will be in Nassau on December 13th. Maybe we can meet up...if you're there that day. [/quote=Cigar Dude;25477850]

Cigar Dude-

Love the pics, I have to find that big cigar!

Looks like we'll miss one another by a couple of days. We haven't booked yet, but it looks like we'll be there Nov. 29th. Sailing on the Fascination on the 27th.

Is there a jitney stop nearby? Right now we are planning to on a carriage tour around town but asking them to end up at Graycliff and then walking back to straw market area. I know it doesn't look far but my wife has some joint problems and a long walk would make for a painful rest of the day. Isn't uphill from the port area?

Keith

tiny Tim....didnt know you were a cruise critic! Ill be headed for the graycliff in a couple weeks.

Hey Hunter, I'll be back in December!

Graycliff isn't a long walk from the dock but it's not that short either. Part of it is uphill especially when you get close to the hotel. Pretty much you take a right when you come out of the customs area and walk several blocks, then left up a hill to the hotel. I realize that does not exactly tell you much and I don't remember the street names. Anyone downtown can tell you how to get there. I'm not sure if there are any bus stops nearby or not.

Archived