Uh oh...no sun on S2 2117?

kymbakitty

Yikes...I thought I had researched this to death before I booked, but now I read that there is considerable overhang on the Resort Deck for the Sky Suites which someone stated, "no big deal--I can get sun near the pool."

This is the ONLY reason we did not book a SS2 on the stern!!! We LOVE the stern but with zero sun, DH didn't want to be there.

I don't remember reading (must have missed it though) that this was the same on port and starboard....is it true? No sun at all?

I can cancel and only lose $50. But if there is no sun, we'll have to cancel and rebook on another S-Class (this is for April 2011 on the Eclipse).

Man, you read and read and read some more and you still miss things.

Thanks....

Dawn

No sun on Resort deck S2 cabins located aft of the midship elevator banks. There is a large overhang from the Oceanview cafe on the next deck. We have stayed in 2116 which is starboard side, opposite your cabin. Only sun was early morning and late afternoon/evening. That said, there may not be any sun even if you have a totally exposed balcony (like the S1's on the stern).

The ship may be sailing in a direction that puts your particular side of the ship in the shade. Go to any of the upper decks, lawnclub, solarium pool area for sun.

IMHO, it can get verrrry hot on a balcony that is in the full sun.

You will still probably geat a good sunburn during your cruise.:D

Hypo

No sun on Resort deck S2 cabins located aft of the midship elevator banks. There is a large overhang from the Oceanview cafe on the next deck. We have stayed in 2116 which is starboard side, opposite your cabin. Only sun was early morning and late afternoon/evening. That said, there may not be any sun even if you have a totally exposed balcony (like the S1's on the stern).

The ship may be sailing in a direction that puts your particular side of the ship in the shade. Go to any of the upper decks, lawnclub, solarium pool area for sun.

IMHO, it can get verrrry hot on a balcony that is in the full sun.

You will still probably geat a good sunburn during your cruise.:D

Hypo

Do you think there would be more sun if we were on the side you were? We are leaving Miami (April) and heading toward London.

No sun, no cruise (in that cabin anyway). The reason he wants a balcony is so he doesn't have to go and sit with 300 other people (he really likes his privacy--what can I say) and fight for chairs/loungers.

If I change to the other side of the ship, do you think we'll have a better chance of sun in the balcony? If there is absolutely no sun, I need to cancel. It's the one thing (really the only thing actually) that he is adamant about.

Thanks....

Dawn

We had a port cabin on Summit for a TA in 2008 and there was ZERO sun. Absolutely switch to a starboard cabin if you want any sun.

Also, be aware that the weather could be hot and sunny, or it could also be rainy and cold. We left San Juan in beautiful hot weather, and two days later it was 50s during the day, and went downhill from there. We did sit out on the deck (under a rug! which they provided on the pool deck in place of pool towels), but it wasn't exactly sun bathing weather!

Dawn,

In checking a popular web site, which we are not allowed to name, I see only one s2 on resort deck remaining on the starboard side and no s2 afts. I would change to this one asap to keep hubby happy. The cabin is 2114. There are plenty of s1 sky suites aft corner, but these are pretty pricey. Good luck. :)

Anne

Archived