Any recent reviews for the Elation out of Mobile??

chasinraynbowz

DH and I are considering a cruise on the Elation in Nov. Has anyone posted a review recently? How about pictures?

We just got back last night, so hopefully by tomorrow or Tuesday.

I will try and have something for you to read, I am not a good writer:o

I have been going through the pics to get them ready to post...maybe/hopefully

tonight or tomorrow.

btw...we had a Great Time!!

and as Felipe would say Woohoo:D

I have never sailed out of Mobile but I have been on Elation many times when it was in California, If I had to pick my favorite ships, it would be in the top 3, I like the layout, its not to bright, the staff (at the time) was very friendly.

I think you will enjoy the ship its self:)

We just got back last night, so hopefully by tomorrow or Tuesday.

I will try and have something for you to read, I am not a good writer:o

I have been going through the pics to get them ready to post...maybe/hopefully

tonight or tomorrow.

btw...we had a Great Time!!

and as Felipe would say Woohoo:D

Great!! Looking forward to it!! We loved the Fantasy (the size, etc) so we know we will love the Elation. We have not sailed out of Mobile yet, so this is a new port for us.

By the way, we are sailing on 11/29 to Calica and Cozumel!

Did you stay at a hotel the night before conchead?

Yes, we stayed at the Hampton Inn. It is right across the street from the

Renaissance Hotel. From what I could tell, they seemed to be the closest, but I can't say that as a fact.

It was a very easy walk to port. Maybe 10 minutes with the luggage.

(The streets and sidewalk are much smoother than NOLA)

what about the oil slick..dont tell me that is all cleared up yet.

The oil leak was plugged a couple of weeks ago; beaches here in AL have reopened to swimming, and the Vessels of Opportunity program has been scaled back because they are finding very little oil. The long range effects of the spill are yet to be determined.

Loved the Elation! Four members of my family were on the same cruise (got off the ship yesterday). I'll wait for Conch's review and see if there is anything I can add. That way I won't have to think so hard. :p

We stayed at the Radisson Admiral Semmes. (earlier today I posted a bit about that hotel in the Gulf Departures/Mobile forum)

The ship is very nice...cover band that played in the Romeo & Juliet bar was really good. Food was too good.

We did the bar hop tour in Cozumel and lounged around the beach at Playa del Carmen.

Will check in tomorrow to see what Conch tells you. Also, I'm curious about what the other roll call folks did. :)

ahhh...it was so much fun. Woohoo is right!! (I miss that sound).

We did have a not-so-much-fun experience getting on the boat - my fault for not following the advice i read on CC. Get to the port around 11:00-11:30 and NOT 12:30. It took Conch hardly any time to get on the ship; it took us two hours! Next time I'll remember that advice!

The oil leak was plugged a couple of weeks ago; beaches here in AL have reopened to swimming, and the Vessels of Opportunity program has been scaled back because they are finding very little oil. The long range effects of the spill are yet to be determined.

amazing..cool.

Conch, good writer or not.... I am truly looking forward to your review and pictures. Our favorite ship is the Fantasy, so I know we will love the Elation!

Also, can you tell me how much each of you paid for your hotel and if you were able to keep your car there? I don't care which one.... just curious.

Conch, good writer or not.... I am truly looking forward to your review and pictures. Our favorite ship is the Fantasy, so I know we will love the Elation!

Also, can you tell me how much each of you paid for your hotel and if you were able to keep your car there? I don't care which one.... just curious.

1:00am and I almost have the pics uploaded:rolleyes:

(long story)

For the Hampton we paid $169(total incl tax) for the room and parking.

I don't know if that is good or bad, but it was about the same as what

I saw for the other places.

Conch,

Can't wait to read your review and see your pics!! I've been waiting for you and Ohyes to get back!!!! I figured that you two would come back with lots of good info!

I've read lots of bad reviews about Felipe...what was your impression of him?

Welcome back!

Ashley :)

Look forward to your review Conch...loved the Paradise and sorry I missed Elation while she was in San Diego..something so great about the mixed generations and families on those ships on 4 or 5 day cruises...just great...sjn.

We are cruising 11/29/2010 as well. We are booked at the renansiance Battle for $159 including parking and shuttle. Looks like an amazzing hotel right by the water. Mobile.org has a great site for cruise/park info

Just FYI for all...the local paper in Mobile reported Saturday that the Admiral Semmes has been sold to a hotelier based in Hawaii. No word yet, other than the usual boilerplate PR statements, on how the sale will affect future operations.

It seems that the primary reason for the sale is that most of the investors of the selling group are getting old enough that they are retiring and dying off and felt it was time to dispose of the property. No mention of financial problems, just time to move on.

I just got back from the Elation last Thursday. The ship was smaller and older than other ships, but I thought it was nicely decorated, clean, and the food was surprisingly good. I posted a review in the reviews section. The cruise director was equally as cheesy as every other Carnival cruise director. If you are leaving anytime soon, it is VERY HOT both at sea and in the ports (I know, this should be obvious, but we are from Florida and still found it to be hotter than expected).

a macadamia nut queen..in Ha. has bought Semmes and also bought the HI..she is a hard task master. drives a tractor at her plantation. now owns 10 hotels. she ousted the mgr and his (gift shop wife) first thing..All others will stay for now. Correct info from a worker

Glad to see we'll have company on the Elation in November! I had checked Roll Call a few times but no posts. Our very first cruise was on the Paradise so I'm sure we'll love Elation. We've never sailed out of Mobile so will be a new experience for us.

We're driving day the day before and staying at the Renaissance Riverview. I've heard good things about it, the Admiral Semmes and the other Renaissance hotel. Sorry, I can't remember the name.

Can't wait for the review but REALLY can't wait for November 29th!

DH and I have been invited to tour the Elation on 8/14 - then we sail on 9/6/10 and 2/12/11 - we're hosting group cruises with continuing education classes for medical coders on the sea days, that's why the tour.

We have a Verandah cabin on 9/6, then DH will be Platinum for our 9/25 vacation cruise on the Triumph out of NOLA - so VIP boarding from now on!

Glad to see we'll have company on the Elation in November! I had checked Roll Call a few times but no posts. Our very first cruise was on the Paradise so I'm sure we'll love Elation. We've never sailed out of Mobile so will be a new experience for us.

We're driving day the day before and staying at the Renaissance Riverview. I've heard good things about it, the Admiral Semmes and the other Renaissance hotel. Sorry, I can't remember the name.

Can't wait for the review but REALLY can't wait for November 29th!

Great!! We do have a roll call, incorrectly dated 11/27... haha. The woman who started it had a typo or something... but we are there!!!

We are driving down on Sat (from Memphis). Not sure where we are staying yet. Sunday we plan on going to Gulf Shores or Orange Beach to spend the day.

We are equally as excited!!!!

Archived