A VIP perk Carnival doesn't have that would be nice

ManyMore

1 and 1/2 years they have been working on this. "Milestone" 25 cruises with Carnival and you get 25%of cruise OBC just for that cruise and then not a thing till 50 cruises.. You get the same perks as sombody that only has 10 cruises. Are they sure this guy shows up for work ??

Ok yeah I laughed!!! lol

my vote too...as long as the drinks arent like the past guest party (watered down and nasty)

Never had a watered down drink at any of the Past Guest parties on any of the ships here on the West coast. In fact, the Manhattan I got at a PG party on the Paradise in May was in no way watered down. In fact, I think they forgot the mixer totally and gave me straight whiskey.

I would like to see Carnival have a "private" cocktail party just for Platinum guests with the ship's officers. Cunard has done this for years. One cruise you might be invited to the Hotel Manager's party and the next cruise you might be invited to the Chief Enginer's party etc. Milestone guests would be invited to the Captain's Private cocktail party. This is in ADDITION to the Past Passenger's party.

I'd love to add the cocktail party to our benefits too. Great idea!:D

my vote too...as long as the drinks arent like the past guest party (watered down and nasty)

You know you can order other drinks at the past guest party too. I didn't know this until a couple of years ago. I like beer (which isn't offered on the trays) but if you ask for something else they will bring it to you ;)

I'd vote for the Platinum Cocktail Party! :D

Last summer on the Valor, we got invited to a sales presentation on the about to sail CCL Dream. They had ample free glasses of wine and champagne.Perhaps they could do the same for plat people- have them come in for a sales pitch or interest them in some different itineries and give them free wine/booze for attending.

My Wish List:

Platinum Cocktail Party

Free Behind the Fun Tour

Platinum line for returning to ship that docks at pier

Get rid of those canapes and petit fours! For the price of the junk we all throw away they could give us a nice choc covered strawberry plate that I think most would really enjoy.

My Wish List:

Platinum Cocktail Party

Free Behind the Fun Tour

Platinum line for returning to ship that docks at pier

Get rid of those canapes and petit fours! For the price of the junk we all throw away they could give us a nice choc covered strawberry plate that I think most would really enjoy.

One of your wishes has been granted!

D+ perks, and IMO Diamond perks for that matter, on royal are much better IMO.

Access to the Concierge lounge and free booze while you're in there is pretty darn nice. Beats the heck out of free laundry. Oh, and Royal gives out substantial discounts on balcony cabins to Diamond and D+ members.

Concierge lounge begins with your 25th cruise on RCCL - free laundry begins on your 10th cruise on Carnival. Besides, who wants to cruise with a bunch of drunk snobs?:p

As for discounts, that's the only way Royal can fill their overpriced cruises.

There still is a Concierge Phone on Carnival, if you know what the number is. ;)

1 and 1/2 years they have been working on this. "Milestone" 25 cruises with Carnival and you get 25%of cruise OBC just for that cruise and then not a thing till 50 cruises.. You get the same perks as sombody that only has 10 cruises. Are they sure this guy shows up for work ??

Wait, I must be totally misunderstanding this. :confused:

Certainly you dont mean to tell me that a loyalty passenger who has cruised with Carnival 44 times would only receive the exact same onboard perks as someone who is on their 11th sailing, despite that being four times as many CCL cruises. That can't be right . . . can it??

Seems things like that could almost make someone reconsider where they spend their future vacation dollars.

Naaaaah, that can't be right.

On Royal, if you are sailing with a spouse who is not diamond, do they get to use the lounge also? If Carnival were to institute some of the perks you guys are talking about, would you be ok with a spouse being able to participate if they were not at the same level?

I hear yah . . . that is LAME . . . that PLATINUM on his 10th cruise gets the same perks as that milestone's 49th . . . . very LAME.

I believe you are wrong about this.

According to John's blog platinum now has priority on tenders back to the ship.

sorry. i thought ship was referring to tendering. never had to wait long when the ship is docked at the pier.

Archived