Island escape

brummie 223

On a cruise ship, it is best to locate and book a deck that is in the middle and towards the front slightly. This way, there is minimal engine noise and is smoother in terms of motion. It doesnt really matter what side your on, if you like a view of the new location in the morning or the sunset as your getting ready for dinner in the evening, then an outside cabin is what your looking for. It does pay to check out where the life boats are situated on each deck: http://www.thomson.co.uk/cruise/ships/island-escape-deck-plans.html. I have been on the escape before and am going on it again in 5 weeks time on the Discovery itinerary in the med. Hope this helps :)

Another tip is to ask the maid or cabin boy what is above you when he/she allocates you when you first arrive at the ship. If there is a theatre or restaurant above your cabin for example, ask to move, as this will save you the inconvenience later :)

Thinking of doing first cruise on island escape what deck and side is best

Hi Brummie 223

We were on deck 9 about midships. We had a big window but it was almost totally covered by a tender, the trouble is the gaps inbetween are filled with ironwork to hold the lifeboats. Pick a cabin at either end if you want that deck but, that aside, it's a great deck for accessing the facilities.:):)

Jan

Hi we are going on the 12th August, got cabins 7542, 7544 and 5581 booked. The 2 cabins on deck 7 are hopefully a twin for my mum and daughter and other being made up into a double for me and hubbie. Then my son is on deck 5 and once again hopefully will be made up into a double for him. If anyone can say if these are good cabins?

Thanks

Allie

Archived