Captain Marvin

dstone

Have snorkeled with captain marvin's organization 3 times,once with Princess.

Love captain Marvins group treated well felt safe and not herded like sardines on a crowed boat as does the cruise ship excursions.

Their equipment is decent I bring my own mask and snorkle,My kids have done it and also loved it as did a friend who is not big on snorkling and he found the boat clean and well tended and never that crowded.

We are going again this Sept 2011 from the legend.

Also the three areas he goes to is pretty nice not just the stingrays as does the ship excursion and a very fair price.

Also easy to get to off the tender then they take you by a nice air-conditioned bus to the boats they use.

have a good time

We've gone with Capt Marvin twice..... LOVED LOVED LOVED it!! You'll do a Conch dive and there will be Huge Conch shells for everyone. The staff will marinate the conch meat and you'll have that with saltines on the beach. Staff is incredible. Never crowded. Book direct. Lots of Iguanas on the way back. Capt Marvin is in his 90's and greets the boat when it returns.

WISH I WAS THERE NOW!!

We've gone with Capt Marvin twice..... LOVED LOVED LOVED it!! You'll do a Conch dive and there will be Huge Conch shells for everyone. The staff will marinate the conch meat and you'll have that with saltines on the beach. Staff is incredible. Never crowded. Book direct. Lots of Iguanas on the way back. Capt Marvin is in his 90's and greets the boat when it returns.

WISH I WAS THERE NOW!!

Which one of the excursions offers a conch dive? Do you remember where they went for this?

Also, just looked at their website. Took a look at their boats. Is the seating inside or outside. I really want to go on a boat where the seating is outside and not in a cabin. Also, about how many people do they usually take per trip. How long does it take to get to where the boat is moored?

Thanks!

Which one of the excursions offers a conch dive? Do you remember where they went for this?

Also, just looked at their website. Took a look at their boats. Is the seating inside or outside. I really want to go on a boat where the seating is outside and not in a cabin. Also, about how many people do they usually take per trip. How long does it take to get to where the boat is moored?

Thanks!

We used Captain Marvin's last month. They are FANTASTIC!! I can't say enough about them! Their boats have "inside" and outside seating. Inside isn't really "inside", more of a small covered area. We did the stingray city / snorkel tour and we had maybe 17 on our boat. It was such a nice experience. They treat you great! As a previous poster indicated, Captain Marvin is in his 90's (I think 93) and met us at the boats (which happen to be docked at his house). I would do another tour with Captain Marvin's in a heartbeat!

I'm also a repeat customer with Captain Marvin's. Just made a reservation with them again for November. Top notch tour company. The one time I took my kids, they were young and were scared of the stingrays so they hopped back out of the water pretty quickly. One of the guides told them to sit on that platform at the back of the boat, he went and got a stingray and brought it over near the boat so they could see it. He had them watch him feed it and hold it. And then when they were ready, they got to touch and kiss the stingray from where they sat. I just thought that was a really nice gesture so the kids still had a good memory of their tour and weren't sorry later for being chickens (haha). Everything about our tours with them has been great. Ruth, in the office who answers emails, shes very patient with questions and always replies quickly.

I don't even look at other companies.... they have earned my repeat business. The reason I keep doing the tour is because I keep taking new cruisers and you just can't go to GC for your first time and NOT swim with the stingrays! Everyone I have taken has really enjoyed their day too.

We have used Captain Marvin's 3 times and had a fantastic experience each time! Last time, there was a stingray at the location where we snorkeled. The crew told us that her tail had been cut off by a boat propeller. One of the guys dove down and brought her up for my girls to feed and pet. It was a nice way to get them used to the stingrays before we got to stingray city. The boats are never crowded and the crew is always wonderful. We added the turtle farm and hell to our last trip and had a good time.

The full day excursion is the one with the conch dive.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive done that same excursion with them last year. It was wonderful!!! No complaints at all! Great price for all you get. The Stingrays and the Coral gardens snorkel was a blast! Turtle farm was ok, hell was boring but kind of neat to mail postcards from. All in all it was a great day though and Capt Marvins crew was wonderful! We are going back again in Oct and plan to book with them again.

Ive done that same excursion with them last year. It was wonderful!!! No complaints at all! Great price for all you get. The Stingrays and the Coral gardens snorkel was a blast! Turtle farm was ok, hell was boring but kind of neat to mail postcards from. All in all it was a great day though and Capt Marvins crew was wonderful! We are going back again in Oct and plan to book with them again.

I've never snorkeled before and am not a very strong swimmer. I REALLY want to do this though....are beginners welcome?

Thanks.

Not a problem, swimming with the sting rays in only in about 4 feet of water. As for snorkeling, it is very easy, my wife does it and cannot swim, they have snorkel vests for you. Captain Morgans is a wonderful excursion, the one "Must Do" in the Caymans.

yeah as a beginner you will be ok. their staff will help you if you ask. They also have inflatable vests for people who are not good swimmers. Stingray city or Sandbar is a must see in GC! It was a real memorible experience for us. We cant wait to do it again in Oct.

I did this excursion mybe 6-7 years ago. It was great! I do not swim but they gave me a vest. The water is not deep, you can walk but with the waves, I felt better wearing a vest.

If I remember well, the office is across the street to the left from the pier. Easy to find, ask anyone in the street, that's what we did.

I am looking at booking a cruise with a stop in GC. I will be doing this excursion again.

~Jo~

Beginners are welcome. Just tell the captain you are not a strong swimmer and they will give you flotation devices and keep an eye on you. There is no current or tides and is in crystal clear water so this is as easy as swimming gets. Have FUN!!! don't forget to wear lots of sunscreen and please cover up in port at the public areas. Caymanians are modest about dress codes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived