Caribbean train, boat & bus experience

flyboyswife

I have a group of 7 and I'd love to find a private tour operator who offers this tour (vice all 7 of us taking the cruise line's excursion). Every private tour operator I've looked at, however, only offers parts of this tour. Anyone have any suggestions of tour operators who might offer this same trip? The description of the tour follows. Thanks in advance!

Discover the natural beauty of Costa Rica by train, boat and bus.

On this excursion you will:

• Ride a historical train that has been in service over 100 years.
  • Relax in comfort as you travel from Limon to Moin Empalme. Journey along the beautiful countryside stopping for photos of monkeys, sloths and other wildlife.
  • Arrive at Empalme for a short transfer to the dock facilities. Board a covered, open-air boat that will take you along the Tortuguero Canals.
  • Explore the impressive network of lakes and canals surrounded by lush vegetation. See the amazing array of wildlife, including: monkeys, white-faced capuchin, crocodiles, sloths, toucans, and over 300 species of birds.
  • Return to the dock for a complimentary fruit buffet and refreshments.
  • Board your motor coach for a scenic ride to a banana plantation. Learn about Costa Rica’s main agricultural product and the packing process.
  • Take a 25-minute motor coach ride back to the port of Limon and your ship.

I think its only offered by the cruiseline but it was well worth it to me. Modern bus and boat and an old fashioned but comfortable train. Stopped to see many animals. Tour guide was excellent. I saw some of the private tour boats on the canal and let's just say, I wouldn't step foot in some of them.

I think its only offered by the cruiseline but it was well worth it to me. Modern bus and boat and an old fashioned but comfortable train. Stopped to see many animals. Tour guide was excellent. I saw some of the private tour boats on the canal and let's just say, I wouldn't step foot in some of them.

Which one do you think would be better--the train, boat and bus experience OR All about Port Limon.? Can't decide which one. Thanks for your reply.

Archived