UBD which night

Careg

When you board check the Patters. It will tell you what time to meet the person taking specialty dining reservations on your first afternoon. When you go there ask to see the menus and pick a night when the menu is less palatable. That is how we book Sabatini's.

What I meant to be asking was out of all nights on a 14 day Hawaii and being in a starboard room is any night more preferable than others like I wonder about the few first sea days being rough/ The sunsets coming or going/ or simple dining while leaving one of the islands .. that sort of question. any thoughts

My suggestion is to check your itinerary for the the night you'll be in port the latest - if there is one. Our previous attempts to do the UBD were all moved inside because of weather, or just simply the ship moving creating a windy condition that was too much for eating on the balcony.

On our recent 14 day Alaska cruise we were going to be in Juneau until 10PM so I scheduled the UBD for that evening so that we'd be finished by sail away and it worked out great - except that it was unseasonably warm in Alaska that whole 14 days and instead of the long underwear we brought to wear on the balcony we really needed shorts!!

Good luck - you'll enjoy it no matter what night you pick!

Archived