Dream Compensation

Hi Everyone.

Just to keep you all updated on our claim with Thompsons, after our experiance on the dream.

I wrote them a very nice letter explaining every problem we encountered, along with photos to proove our point.

We recieved a letter back agreeing with our complaints, and an explanation of why the problems are occuring, and more importantly accepting that the problems are beyond anything which can be sorted out immediately.

Along with the letter was a holiday voucher for a very large amount, i will not disclose how much, but far, far greater than i could immagine recieving, even with a fight, hence to say we will not be paying for our holiday next year, and no we will not be going on a Thompson Cruise ever again.

Hi Everyone.

Just to keep you all updated on our claim with Thompsons, after our experiance on the dream.

I wrote them a very nice letter explaining every problem we encountered, along with photos to proove our point.

We recieved a letter back agreeing with our complaints, and an explanation of why the problems are occuring, and more importantly accepting that the problems are beyond anything which can be sorted out immediately.

Along with the letter was a holiday voucher for a very large amount, i will not disclose how much, but far, far greater than i could immagine recieving, even with a fight, hence to say we will not be paying for our holiday next year, and no we will not be going on a Thompson Cruise ever again.

I am pleased that you got the compensation you required and more by the sounds of it. It is a shame after Thomson have recognised your complaint and obviously resolved this to your satisfaction that you would not travel on a Thomson cruise again. I would have booked again using the voucher and given them another chance.

Each to our own though.

Hi Jim.

I don't want to disclose the amount because that is confidential between me and Thompsons, obviously Thompsons will award compensation relative to the problems encountered.

To the other questions, why on earth would i want to go on this ship again when Thompsons have even admitted that the problems are still unresolved?

We will be going to a Thompsons hotel which we have stayed in before and know to be good.

Best of luck with your claims

Hi Discovery1964,

Well done for you and yours! I am genuinely pleased for you and commend you for fighting the shysters. I cannot comprehend how Thomson think it OK to take peoples' hard earned cash and offer such a dump as the Floating Turd -sorry "Dream" as a holiday. How do they think people live at home to have offered such low standards? They have ruined many a birthday and anniversary, and allegedly have made people ill. Thomson have earned a terrible reputation for doing so and this serves them right, it will cost them millions. I hope those who are about to sail on this boat have a better time of it, but I fear from the latest reviews nothing has changed and the vesil is still a sewerage farm. Shame on Thomson.

Hi there - We are just back from the Dream today. Do you have a direct contact you could provide please regarding who has assisted you at Thomson? The problems are still very much ongoing onboard, toilets blocked, bad smells (I had to run to vomit sduring the formal dinner due to the foul waft), we had two power outages, people stuck in the lift, complete darkness trying to exit a show, change in itinerary twice in 7 days due to the techincal problems including missing one port all together. Severe listing of the ship to one side causing water to continually spill from the pool on deck 11 despite the best efforts of the staff, people slip sliding all over the place - a real joke sadly. The staff were mostly great - particlarly the Phillipine personnel and the main entertainment staff (dancers and singers). I was not impressed with the entertainment director (Gavin) he thinks he's the bees knees but he is nothing compared with Keith Maynard on the Celebration - he should learn siome tips from him I think. The UK act - Fogwell Flax was fabulous though (just trying to end on a positive note)! Any up to date comments/questions from anybody regarding the state of the ship just ask me and I will try and assist :eek:

Hi Discovery1964,

Well done for you and yours! I am genuinely pleased for you and commend you for fighting the shysters. I cannot comprehend how Thomson think it OK to take peoples' hard earned cash and offer such a dump as the Floating Turd -sorry "Dream" as a holiday. How do they think people live at home to have offered such low standards? They have ruined many a birthday and anniversary, and allegedly have made people ill. Thomson have earned a terrible reputation for doing so and this serves them right, it will cost them millions. I hope those who are about to sail on this boat have a better time of it, but I fear from the latest reviews nothing has changed and the vesil is still a sewerage farm. Shame on Thomson.

Too right Floppy.

Our Dream holiday was ruined, so this is the least Thompsons can do, after all we have only recieved back what we paid out for, but the alarming thing is they have admitted that there is not alot they can do at present to correct the situation.

My view is that some people will put up with anything that is thrown at them, and will not complain, some people like myself expect exactly what is advertised, and expect value for money, and are willing to complain, then there is the element who will jump on the bandwagon and claim anyway.

Anyway my view is that the Dream still is and will be a total floating nightmare untill it is refitted, this has been admitted by Thompsons, so my vote is to stay well away untill it is sorted out.

But i do hope that the many people who are due to go on the dream evade the problems which spoilt our holiday, and have a good time.

Hi there - We are just back from the Dream today. Do you have a direct contact you could provide please regarding who has assisted you at Thomson? The problems are still very much ongoing onboard, toilets blocked, bad smells (I had to run to vomit sduring the formal dinner due to the foul waft), we had two power outages, people stuck in the lift, complete darkness trying to exit a show, change in itinerary twice in 7 days due to the techincal problems including missing one port all together. Severe listing of the ship to one side causing water to continually spill from the pool on deck 11 despite the best efforts of the staff, people slip sliding all over the place - a real joke sadly. The staff were mostly great - particlarly the Phillipine personnel and the main entertainment staff (dancers and singers). I was not impressed with the entertainment director (Gavin) he thinks he's the bees knees but he is nothing compared with Keith Maynard on the Celebration - he should learn siome tips from him I think. The UK act - Fogwell Flax was fabulous though (just trying to end on a positive note)! Any up to date comments/questions from anybody regarding the state of the ship just ask me and I will try and assist :eek:

Hi.

We just sent in our problems in writing along with many photos of the problems, and we got the reply after quite a few weeks along with the offer of compensation, we didn't deal with anyone in particular, and this was the first offer.

Hi Everyone.

Hi Discovery1964

Glad to hear about your compensation.

Would you mind letting me know if you were on the Dream for a week or two.

Thanks

:mad:

I and my family have just come back from thomsons dream disaster zone.

We were on deck 7 and there was considerable staining of the corridor carpets and an unpleasant smell.

The ship has a lot of problems that ought to be rectified before it is put in use.

As previously stated the ship had a list that was very worrying,people thinking about zeebrugge and the power cuts did not help.

This was due to the fresh water tank leaking into the ships hull and had to be repaired before sailing to the next port,which took a long time and meant we lost our stop in barcelona.

The list of faults is considerable and no doubt other cruisers will add to them.

One positive note the Phillopeano staff were excellent and the maintance staff were trying theier hardest to rectify faults.

Hi Jim.

I don't want to disclose the amount because that is confidential between me and Thompsons, obviously Thompsons will award compensation relative to the problems encountered.

Fair doos

I must have been one of the lucky ones.As I said previous,apart from a few days Air Con problems never encountered or experienced any other probs like smells,toilet not working,leaks etc

Hi Discovery1964,

9.gif

;) 6.gif

Bit worrying a few bad reviews are making a re-appearence, especially as I'm due to be on the Dream a week today. That said, there are a still a lot of decent reports coming in so it looks like it's pot luck on how your holiday will turn out!

Archived