SCUBA Diving in Panama and Costa Rica?

SCUBA Mark

Can anyone recommend SCUBA dive operators in Colon, Panama and Limon, Costa Rica?

I have searched the internet and could not find any that jumped out at me as being close to the cruise terminal or catered to cruise shipo passengers.

Thanks in advance

Mark

There are several dive shops near Puerto Limon, and they all have websites. All are about 30 minutes away from the cruise ship docks. I've been doing research myself for my trip next May.

Thanks. That sounds like an expensive cab ride.

Let me know if you find something

Mark

Can anyone recommend SCUBA dive operators in Colon, Panama and Limon, Costa Rica?

I have searched the internet and could not find any that jumped out at me as being close to the cruise terminal or catered to cruise shipo passengers.

Thanks in advance

Mark

I thought I would report back with what I have found out

In Colon, Panama you need to dive in Portobelo. Portobelo is the next town over so there are additional transportation expenses.

Panama Divers - $100 for a two tank dive and $40 transportation (per person) = $140 total

SCUBA Panama - Two or more divers $120 each, One diver $170. Includes transportation

In Limon, Costa Rica you need to dive in Puerto Viejo

Reefrunners - $150 per person for a 2 tank dive including transportation

I am still thinking about it. Since I haven't talked to anyone that has actually dove with these companies or dove in these places, I am hesitant to pay this much money.

Mark

Mark,

What are the other stops on your cruise? I've been to both ports and did not dive at either. Both are not known as diving hot spots. The better diving in Costa Rica is on the Pacific side. The water on the east side was rather green when we were there, ie the vis most likely sucked. If you are also going to any of (Cozumel, Roatan, Caymen, ect) on this trip you may be better of diving there and finding other things to do in Colon & Limon. Limon has many options(rafting, zip lines, surfing, mountain biking,jungle, ect) to check out.

Good luck

Rich

Mark,

What are the other stops on your cruise? I've been to both ports and did not dive at either. Both are not known as diving hot spots. The better diving in Costa Rica is on the Pacific side. The water on the east side was rather green when we were there, ie the vis most likely sucked. If you are also going to any of (Cozumel, Roatan, Caymen, ect) on this trip you may be better of diving there and finding other things to do in Colon & Limon. Limon has many options(rafting, zip lines, surfing, mountain biking,jungle, ect) to check out.

Good luck

Rich

Rick

We are also going to Cozumel and are diving there for sure.

Thanks for describing the quality of the diving in Costa Rica and Panama. That is what I was looking for.

Mark

• 6 months later...

Archived