Disney Aventure Vacations

brazilgirl

I am looking for information abou the Disney Adventure Vacations , especially in regard to the Galapagos Land /Cruise Adventure.

Has anyone ever gone on one of these trips? Are they well-planned , fun , worth the money? They sound fabulous.

I have to decide ASAP if I should book the Disney trip or a Galapagos cruise on the Celebrity Expedition. The Disney is more expensive , but it also includes a more extensive land portion.

Even if you haven´t gone , but have heard of these Disney Adventure Trips , I´d love to hear any input....

Kim

I've been on an Adventures by Disney (ABD) trip and have another one planned. There is another board where all things Disney are discussed and Adventures by Disney has its own forum. Per cruisecritic rules, I'm not allowed to provide the name or a link, but if you google Adventures by Disney discussion, it will be the first link.

We went on the ABD China trip and had a fabulous time. I've also looked at the ABD Galapagos trip as well as the Celebrity trip. I've decided that when the time comes, I'll take the Celebrity cruise. It has more sea days and more to see in the Galapagos.

Boulders..

That you so much for the tip on the discussion board , I will check it out immediately.

I am torn by the fact that the Celebrity cruise has 7 days in the Galapagos , but there are no specific activites for the kids. I know that they´ll enjoy the experience no matter what , but having naturalists who gear discussions towards them would be even more enriching..

Thanks again .

Kim

The ABD trip would have more kid-friendly components, no doubt. However, their minimum age is 7 and recommended is 8. When I take the trip, my youngest will be at least 8 and will have done other international trips, so I think he'll be fine with Celebrity.

Another group that you might want to have a look at is Tauck Bridges. Like ABD, they are specifically designed for families, but their cruise portion is longer. I haven't taken a trip with them, but others highly recommend them.

Boulders-

Thanks for the response. I actually ended up booking the Celebrity Expedition today. We are going to go to the Galapagos on our own a few days before and stay at an Eco Lodge and then on the way home stop in Chile for some skiing. I feel comfortable after researching the cruise more completely that it´ll be a good fit.

The ABD trips look really wonderful. I will absolutely keep them in mind for the future ( especially for Africa , which is high on my list). China must have been amazing. I will check Tauck out- I have also looked into Abercombie Kent , which has some great options for villa rentals.

My youngest will be 7 on the Galapagos trip and his brother and sister will be 11 and 14.They are great travelers . We went on an unforgettable Antarctic cruise in January and have had the opportunity to visit the Med and Baltics , which they loved.

Again , thanks for the suggestions , it is good to have lots of options.

Kim

Archived