Upgrade for 8C to 8E

marcyjane

I have the option showing now when I check Carnival's website to upgrade from 8C to 8E as a past guest for the same price as I booked for early saver by in May.

I called and they have a Lido Deck Cabin open. Would you do it and what do you think. I'm on the empress deck 7 right now. I've never been on a deck higher that 7 and this is deck 9.

Also if anyone has been in a cabin on Lido deck did you like it and what about the noise above and from the pool area with the people and music.

My PVP at Carnival wants we to call her back and let her know as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Marcy

I've not sailed on that deck before but from other comments they say it's a really convenient location.

You say ON that deck not under, so you won't be affected by the noise, but just be careful how far forward that cabin is. If it's right at the very front of the ship it might be a little more rocky than what you're in (if you're not already all the way forward).

From your countdown clock I gather you will be on the Freedom. Looking at a deck plan it looks like nothing but cabins below you. Don't know what cabin you are looking at so hard to tell what if anything is above you. Above is what I would be more concerned with. We are on Lido on The Destiny in a few weeks and have heard nothing but good things about Lido cabins.

I have the option showing now when I check Carnival's website to upgrade from 8C to 8E as a past guest for the same price as I booked for early saver by in May.

I called and they have a Lido Deck Cabin open. Would you do it and what do you think. I'm on the empress deck 7 right now. I've never been on a deck higher that 7 and this is deck 9.

Also if anyone has been in a cabin on Lido deck did you like it and what about the noise above and from the pool area with the people and music.

My PVP at Carnival wants we to call her back and let her know as soon as possible.

We were on the Lido deck on Glory and we loved it

Hello,

i agree, what ship and what type of cabin would have been good to give.

MY response would be: what is below and above your cabin? Is it near anything that generates foot traffic or noise?

Higher is not always better.......good luck....

Loved the Lido deck cabin on the Valor a few years ago, we have 2 balconies booked on the Lido deck of the dream for April 2011. Can't wait! The location is great and on the Valor noise was never an issue!

Where do you go on Carnival's website to see if they're offering upgrades?
It all depends on how you booked your cruise. Basically you have to go and check your sailing and compare to the price it is now and the price you paid. This past weekend I got moved to a 6E E130 from a 4A U99 for the same price. They will move your cabin to an upgrade but would not give OBC so I took the OV cabin instead of inside. There is no specific link on Carnival website to check for upgrades - you just have to check your sailing daily for price reductions and call to get the upgrade.

Sorry folks posted while at home at lunch and just now home from work.

Will be on Freedom looking at Cabin 8E 9282 Lido deck.

Thanks for all the post already and will have to read them all in a few minutes but just want to post the ship and cabin # as notice some of you had ask.

Marcy

Thanks sandyjabs,

Cabins seem to be above and below so should not be to much noise.

Carnival website now has the past guest upgrades back on there. I just checked before I logged in here. Boy you never know what upgrades and prices changes they will have that's why it pays to check everyday. I know call me crazy but I'm one of those people who checks morning, noon and night. But it pays to check.

Thanks again everyone,

Marcy:)

Archived