Royal Carribean V Princess

scusip

Hi,

Just completed a RC tour round Scandinavia/St. Petersburg

The wine and beer prices really sickened me and am looking to cruise with another company in the future has anybody cruised with both companies and what differences did you find.

Thanks PETER

I like both equally as well,but have cruised Princess the most and as a result being an Elite member,i get a few perks and just keep on going.I guess as we get older,we don't like change.:eek:The only thing i like about RC is that the tropical drinks have really nice color pictures of all the drinks u may want to purchase at the bars,while princess does not.Pretty lame reason for a preference,but it is the only thing that bugs me at all.

As far as drink prices,in the evening u can get drinks for $2.99 or pre order on princess wesite to get rid of $15% tax and a better deal on line.u get a voucher in your stateroom,call room service and presto,the drinks r in your fridge in a few min.:D

They are more alike than different. I'd suggest doing a search using the search feature on this forum and you'll read many comparisons that have been made over the years.

We have cruised both. I prefer Princess, but there are several things that I really do like about RCCL also. RCCL has a great product and is great for active families who are interested in climbing walls, ice skating, flowrider etc. Princess has more of the type of activities i enjoy. I found myself actually rather bored on sea days on RCCL but on Princess there doesn't seem to be enough time to do all that I want.

Alot depends on price and itinery for me. I'd suggest giving Princess a try.

I remember that there were pictures of some of the fancy fruity drinks on the bar menus by the aft pool. That was the only bar we ordered anything where we looked at a drink menu other than a wine list. I would guess other venues have illustrated drink menus, too.

Archived