24 HR, All-Inclusive Drink Package 411

hitch-04

Does anyone have experience with drink package 411? My family is debating whether to include this on our upcoming Christmas cruise on the Splendida, and it seems that the MSC website is less than forthcoming about the drink packages. Also, when calling the MSC USA cruise line number, we're receiving conflicting information (One cruise agent said yes, another said no when asked the exact same question!)

If you've purchased an MSC drink package 411 (or 412 understanding 411 doesn't include 'premium' brands):

1-Did you feel that the convenience value was worthwhile?

2-Does the drink package include drinks from the Espresso/Coffee Bar?

3-Was it difficult to get service at bars/restaurant/etc to take advantage of purchased package?

4-Did you have to purchase before the cruise or while aboard?

Any other feedback on the All-inclusive 24 hr drink package would be greatly appreciated!

I can only answer Q3 & $ from personal experience

3. No never had any bother but you can only get wine, beer, soft drinks, and water in the restaurant - cocktails etc have to be bought at bars or the cafe. (Italians only have wine or beer at meals). be aware that at the pool are, waiters wander about but they don't stop and ask everyone if they want a drink - you need to make eye contact or wave to them. It is not that they are avoiding you, the are not disturbing you. Likewaise they may not pounce on you in bars or return quickly , just politely attract their attention and there will be no issues. best way to be served quickly, is to plonk yourself on a bar stool in front of a bar man. Added bonus, they get to know you, anticipate what you want and you also get a bit of conversation from someone from a completely different culture

4. I have never seen any of the unlimited or all inclusive packages available onboard. My understanding is that you have to have purchased at least one week before sailing but preferable several weeks befdore so that it is included in your tickets and you don't have any last minute horsing around trying to get an email confirmation of proof of purchase. You can buy other drinks packages onboard like assorted wine one, ber only, cocktails etc

According to the fine print on the UK site, here is what's included and excluded. I'd say from that , that cappucino and espresso will be included. So should the rather delightful Amaretto cappucino - do try!

WHAT YOU GET

All Inclusive From The Restaurant: Wine by the bottle – white DOC Trebiano or Verduzzo / red DOC Montepulciano or Cabernet (wine brands might be subject to change) mineral water, soft drinks, beer. All Inclusive From The Buffet: Wine by the glass – white DOC Trebiano or Verduzzo / red DOC Montepulciano or Cabernet (wine brands might be subject to change) mineral water, soft drinks, beer. All Inclusive From Your Mini Bar: All items except Champagne All Inclusive From The Bars: All cocktails from the bar list except premium mixes, alcohol by shot (Smirnoff vodka, Beefeater gin, Bacardi and Myers rum, Cuervo tequila, Vecchia Romagna brandy Nonino grappa) all brands of blended whiskey up to 5 years old, liqueurs, aperitifs, bitters, all beer brands from the bar list, wine and sparkling wine from the bar list by the glass, coolers, energizers, soft drinks, juices, cafeteria, take-away ice cream in cone or cup, hot chocolates from the chocolate bar menu.

All Inclusive Upgrade – Premium Package

Get even more for your money with our All Inclusive Premium Package. For another £4.50 per day you get everything that the standard package offers plus all brands of alcohol by shot – the only exception here being XO Cognac and 21 year old whiskey – plus premium cocktails.

All Inclusive – Excluded Items

Premium spirits not mentioned above (included in premium package), premium cocktails (included in premium package), cigars, wines from the wine list, drinks served in souvenir glasses, food and beverages from speciality restaurants i.e. pizza a la carte, food from Chinese restaurant, Tex Mex, L’Etoile, LOvivo, Obelisco, Il Gardiano, 4 Stagioni, food from the Sports Bar menu, food and wine from the Wine Bar menu, food from the Room Service menu, chocolate fondue from the chocolate bar menu, ice cream cups from Gelateria, pastry from Piazzeta aboard Fantasia and Splendida. Note: the all inclusive package is not charged for children up to the age of 3.

Hope this helps. I've never bought the package myself as I would rather have small quantities of really good wines and simply don't drink enough on board to justify the ost. I just buy a water, a cocktail and a vitamin package onboard and order by wine from the wine list.

4. I have never seen any of the unlimited or all inclusive packages available onboard. My understanding is that you have to have purchased at least one week before sailing

No offence AmoMondo, but I hope you are wrong. We have been assured by both TA and MSC (by email) that the 907 (24/7 drink package) is availiable for purchase onboard .... :confused:

Agree with Amo, all inclusive wasn't available to purchase on board MSC Opera when we sailed from Dover on 17th July. As it happened we came in about 100 euro under the cost of all inclusive and certainly had sufficient to satisfy our tastebuds and thirst.

Various packages and books of coupons are available on board, there are daily special offers, and a happy hour, 5 to 6, when cocktails are 2 for the price of 1.

Drinks are fairly expensive, a large beer 5.41, regular cocktail 7.71, spirits from 5.41 and upwards. A half litre carafe in the restaurant was good value at 8.05, and I think wine by the glass was reasonable too (all prices quoted include 15% service charge).

Of course it all depends upon how much you drink and your intinerary. We were fairly port intensive with some early morning starts, hence taking it easy the night before. More sea days and later port arrivals, with a healthy thirst and all inclusive may be worthwhile.

Agree with Amo, all inclusive wasn't available to purchase on board MSC Opera when we sailed from Dover on 17th July. As it happened we came in about 100 euro under the cost of all inclusive and certainly had sufficient to satisfy our tastebuds and thirst.

Various packages and books of coupons are available on board, there are daily special offers, and a happy hour, 5 to 6, when cocktails are 2 for the price of 1.

Drinks are fairly expensive, a large beer 5.41, regular cocktail 7.71, spirits from 5.41 and upwards. A half litre carafe in the restaurant was good value at 8.05, and I think wine by the glass was reasonable too (all prices quoted include 15% service charge).

Of course it all depends upon how much you drink and your intinerary. We were fairly port intensive with some early morning starts, hence taking it easy the night before. More sea days and later port arrivals, with a healthy thirst and all inclusive may be worthwhile.

I will be well p#ssed off if this is the case, I still have a copy of the email from MSC with the person that wrote it getting quite irrate with me when I suggested that somtimes MSC sales get it wrong, she absolutely insisted that the 907 is avaliable on all MSC ships ... we will see. :rolleyes:

Not going to let it spoil our trip though .. :cool:

Thanks for all the info. I think I'll definitely lean towards booking this earlier rather than later, and definitely not waiting until on board.

Amo, appreciate the commentary on the waiters and service, I'm living in Italy and am relieved that the non-pestering style of waiters will be aboard. I detest constantly being harassed :-) it's hard to smile and be as nice to the 5th waiter asking if you want to buy something...

Does anyone have experience with drink package 411? My family is debating whether to include this on our upcoming Christmas cruise on the Splendida, and it seems that the MSC website is less than forthcoming about the drink packages. Also, when calling the MSC USA cruise line number, we're receiving conflicting information (One cruise agent said yes, another said no when asked the exact same question!)

If you've purchased an MSC drink package 411 (or 412 understanding 411 doesn't include 'premium' brands):

1-Did you feel that the convenience value was worthwhile?

2-Does the drink package include drinks from the Espresso/Coffee Bar?

3-Was it difficult to get service at bars/restaurant/etc to take advantage of purchased package?

4-Did you have to purchase before the cruise or while aboard?

Any other feedback on the All-inclusive 24 hr drink package would be greatly appreciated!

we are going on Poesis 04.09.2010 and have booked the 411 package for 2 cabins I will post when we return the end of September re prices whats included value for money etc.

we are going on Poesis 04.09.2010 and have booked the 411 package for 2 cabins I will post when we return the end of September re prices whats included value for money etc.

Wota thanks! Know you had offered in the other drink package discussion, just thought it might make it easier for others in future reference to have its own thread. Have a wonderful time on your cruise and can't wait to hear your thoughts on adding the all-inclusive "enjoyment!" :D

Wota thanks! Know you had offered in the other drink package discussion, just thought it might make it easier for others in future reference to have its own thread. Have a wonderful time on your cruise and can't wait to hear your thoughts on adding the all-inclusive "enjoyment!" :D

we will all do our best to do it justice and "enjoy"it.

Thanks for all the info. I think I'll definitely lean towards booking this earlier rather than later, and definitely not waiting until on board.

Amo, appreciate the commentary on the waiters and service, I'm living in Italy and am relieved that the non-pestering style of waiters will be aboard. I detest constantly being harassed :-) it's hard to smile and be as nice to the 5th waiter asking if you want to buy something...

We found the actual serving staff to be absolutely 1st class. The bar supervisors and floor managers much less so. The entertainment in all lounges was very good. If you are looking to be served in a bar/lounge, leave the menu/bar list upright and a member of staff will be with you very quickly, place it down on your table and they will know you are not waitning to be served.

We found the actual serving staff to be absolutely 1st class. The bar supervisors and floor managers much less so. The entertainment in all lounges was very good. If you are looking to be served in a bar/lounge, leave the menu/bar list upright and a member of staff will be with you very quickly, place it down on your table and they will know you are not waitning to be served.

Thanks for the tip will try that out in a couple of weeks on poesia.

Hi Wotaripper, just reading about the drinks packages, we will be travelling on Spendida just any information would be good on it, we are also in our early 50's theres is a group of us off aussies and do love a drink, either it be beer or wine

Many thanks

b

Hi all just back and enjoyed the all inclusive prepaid package,as Amomondo has said that is what was included,we found it good value but it has to be pre paid the only packages on board were the booklet ones,also it runs until you disembark,as this is a new concept it took a few questions to find out what was included,i think if you start trying to by rounds it would be stopped,also it has to be bought by all memebers of your party,all right if only 2 off you and you both like a drink but a large group it could be a different story also includes all 6.7 euro cocktails which is 95% of them and valied as long as the bars are open,also great for a nice coffe or chocolate

Hi all just back and enjoyed the all inclusive prepaid package,as Amomondo has said that is what was included,we found it good value but it has to be pre paid the only packages on board were the booklet ones,also it runs until you disembark,as this is a new concept it took a few questions to find out what was included,i think if you start trying to by rounds it would be stopped,also it has to be bought by all memebers of your party,all right if only 2 off you and you both like a drink but a large group it could be a different story also includes all 6.7 euro cocktails which is 95% of them and valied as long as the bars are open,also great for a nice coffe or chocolate

Gosport...Thanks for the confirmation of coffee included. Assuming that means all espresso beverages and even the Amaretto Cappuccino I keep reading about? Quite keen to try that :p

What did the mini-bar in your room actually have in it? could you request what was in the mini-bar? (ie water/soda/juice rather than liquor?

You say you had to ask to figure out what was included, were most of the bar tenders familiar with the all-inclusive package?

Anything you might have to pass on that would make it easier for a family trying to determine whether to buy or not to buy the package?

in the mini bar,there were a couple of beers,4 cans of pop,2 juices and snacks which arent included,also some sprits and small wines,i dont see why you shouldnt have it stocked to suit you,its not the biggest fridge but ok,as for the amerrito coffe i never saw it listed,but ammerioto should be included so i dont see why not,the staff didnt seem to know much about the package,so time will tell if the family are all drinkers, i think it would be well worth it, as for childrens package im not sure

it also covers ice cream cups so a dessert from the buffet can be enhanced with a portion of ice cream also you can make up soda floats,we always asked is it included in the package before ordering and was never told no ,its really good if a few sea days are on the cruise but if port intesive and a lot of time of the ship it could be different for 4 family memebers it will work out quite pricey,

on a slightly different tack there was a happy cocktail hour every nite buy on get on free from 5-6

Thanks for the info Gosport especially the cocktails and the coffee which package did you have the 411 or the 412.

The cheaper one,didnt know it had a number,its the one one the UK website,it had to booked via whoever handled our booking ie TA booked ours and we paid the TA the monies

sounds like the 411 which is the same one we have booked. Like the idea of not having to sign chits all the time and also being able to access the mini bar in the cabin which by the way sounds like you missed out there as our site says everything in the mini bar except for the champagne is included so you could have treated yourself to some of them shorts whilst relaxing in your cabin. Did they have a good variety of cocktails i.e some fruity some creamy and things like brandy alexander etc.

There are a wide selection of cocktails,from long n fruity to martini style and also a wide selection of frozen ones,at a guess it would take a good few days to work thro them,they are avalaible in all bars,my wife liked the melon ball and pinky,i just stuck to becks beer

As for the mini bar we had the soft drinks and beers,also had a few carry outs ;)

Had a few vodka and diet colas in the bars,as they are nice places to sit and it wasnt to good for sitting on the balcony :):D

There are a wide selection of cocktails,from long n fruity to martini style and also a wide selection of frozen ones,at a guess it would take a good few days to work thro them,they are avalaible in all bars,my wife liked the melon ball and pinky,i just stuck to becks beer

As for the mini bar we had the soft drinks and beers,also had a few carry outs ;)

Had a few vodka and diet colas in the bars,as they are nice places to sit and it wasnt to good for sitting on the balcony :):D

thanks for that lucky for us we have 18 days to work our way through them. loved the frozen ones in Fiji so may give them ago where were you able to get the coffees from under the package?

Yes all coffes, lattes etc,from any bar with a machine,also hot chocolate drinks,but not the chocolate fondue any time as long as bar is open so breakfast time is ok,the bars were open at 7.00 so no problem

Just noticed you said the bars where open from 7 where you on Poesia and if so do you know what time the wine bar opened as we where looking to have our meet and greet there but another post said it did not open till 4pm and we where looking at 3pm.Any info would be appreciated.thanks jJanet

Hi wotaripper.

I just phoned MSC to discuss the packages on the Aust website.

I was told that the 907 had to be booked in advance but the other beer/wine packages are available for purchase on board.

I was told that even in the "all inclusive package" there would be a charge of 15% on EVERY drink requested.:mad:

It defeats the purpose of unlimited drinks if you are charged an extra 15% for each one. Is it meant to be a deterrent?

Could someone tell me what the 411 or 412 packages are. They arent on the Aust website and the girl I spoke to knew nothing about them ( nor appeared interested in finding out )

Cheers

Skipal