9 DAY VOS Questions for past cruisers

Going back to the Lemonade...that is the best Lemonade anywhere. I cruise just to drink it. :D I would drink more of it except it has so much sugar and on the ship I really need to watch that stuff. But I do look forward to drinking it! It's the best. :) Crazy, huh?

Shercara...let's get you some Grand Bahamas information! This is the toughest port to plan for me, and we are still completely undecided.

Ix-nay on the Dressy Casual clothes for the last night. That's packing night! I guess I will get flamed for that Fashion Statement. :o

[quote name='Marialivia']When you say "the road you drive up in," did you drive yourself or did someone drop you off? I'm wondering how much a taxi would cost from the Port Authority Bus terminal. The problem is that I'm traveling from Conn. and my pal is coming from central NJ, where no RCCL bus is available. I'm trying to reach a satisfactory compromise. Oh, and is there a parking garage nearby?[/QUOTE]

HI I am originally from Bayone now living in Ct so am familiar with the area. Why don't u drive from Ct and pick your friend up on the way? You could park at the terminal. Assuming you can not drive, there is the NJ Transit Lite Rail that will put you within blocks of the terminal. A short cab ride from the lite rail will be cheap in case you have lots of luggage. Having said that, if you must connect thru NYC there is an easy connection to the lite rail from what used to be Twin Towers (God rest all their souls). You would get off the Lite Rail somewhere around 30th street (check with NJ Transit to be sure). I hipe this helps and you have not already left. In which case someone else may benefit.

I am planning a June 2005 Voyager trip from Bayonne so would be interested in your thoughts. We are family of 4 , 2 children 8 and 6.

I can't tell you how very much I appreciate all the help you people have given me. My friend and I had a long talk last night and I presented her with the options I have learned about thru these postings (she's been away). She lives in central NJ and could drive herself or have someone else drive her via the NJ Turnpike to Exit 14A (Rte. 440) and go right into the parking lot near the terminal. The cost is $108, but she'd be paying $65 for the bus anyway. Of course, I also suggested that she could extend her vacation and spend a couple of days with me here in beautiful, peaceful north central Conn., and then we could take the bus from Hartford together. At this point, believe it or not, she is opting for that -- she really doesn't want to go to the terminal alone. I myself would find the driving from Conn. to NJ stressful, and the lugging of luggage is something I want to avoid. The RCCL bus is the best way for me in view of all circumstances. By the way, someone on these boards referred me to [url]www.cruisenewsdaily[/url], which provides a wonderful link to info on Cape Liberty -- anything you'd ever want to know and then some. Thanks again for your very thoughtful suggestions.

Yes Jaded - I'm back -been away for a few days... My Mother in Law passed away on Sunday, and we've been dealing with all the details, funeral, and trying to deal with the deep sense of loss that we are feeling. Even though she was very sick, and is now at peace, it's still very difficult.

I hope to be back in the cruise planning mood by Saturday.

I'm still here looking for info!

Thanks,
Sher

Hi all:

We're sailing on the VOS 9 night on October 8. We're bringing our two daughters (ages 9 and 5) and were wondering if any of the after-dinner entertainment would be appropriate for them (not necessarily kid-oriented, but clean enough for younger eyes and ears). We've cruised three times with Disney and they both love going to the theatre after dinner so if they are able to attend at least a couple of the shows that would be great.

Thanks so much for any info you can provide.

Elly

Hey Chicken Partm we are doing 8/13 also for our honeymoon. What deck you on?

[quote name='ChickenParm']Marialivia...

we will be on the voyager on 8/13, and know that parking is indeed available at the terminal if you should choose to drive yourself... it is $12/day, meaning $60 for Canada and $108 for the 9-night caribbean (at the PST on the West Side it's $126 for a 7-night cruise, so this $12 is not bad)

i agree w/grod19, it doesn't sound convenient to make your friend from nj drive to nyc just to come back to nj...

thanks[/QUOTE]

Cruiselovingbunch - we haven't been on the 9 night yet (Sep 10!), but I do have a copy of the old Compasses from the first cruise. It looks like the shows after dinner are more production shows, with a couple comedians. Also a couple nights are set aside for the ice show. I would say any of those would be appropriate for that age kids, although if the comedians weren't, you could sit near the back so you could leave. It looks like the "Love & marriage", Quest, & adult comedy shows are all in the after 10pm range and are usually listed for adults. However, if you look at Adventure Ocean compasses, the kids have their most fun activities from 7-10 pm so your kids may prefer to do that. I noticed there was an ice show Friday at 5pm that I'm planning on so my kids can do that with us and not miss any of AO. I'll be glad to give you a more updated version when we return!

• 2 weeks later...
:( My one and only experience with seasickness (knock wood) was on the Nordic Empress. RCCL provided Bonine to anyone who needed it. They put a few into a little envelope, and only one of them was needed to do the trick for me!! :cool:

Archived