Has anyone used the Seattle connector package for Alaskan Cruisetours?

mel660

We have purchased the connector package because it was cheaper to buy this with round trip to Seattle, than it was to get air to Vancouver andout of Fairbanks. The package includes motorcoach transportation to Vancouver, flight from Fairbanks to Seattle and overnight in the Hilton.

My question is for anyone that has done this going NB, are there set times that the motor coach leaves the baggage claim area. The only thing it says on the e-docs is that you must check in by 11:00am because the last bus leaves for Vancouver at 11:30. I have called our travel agent and HAL and no one is sure what other times the bus runs. We were wondering when the earliest bus is, since we will already be in Seattle.

Thanks for any help.

Melinda

Once the cruise check-in counter opens the buses leave as they fill with folks. I am sorry I do not remember the time it opened, but we got there about 10 minutes before it opened and only waited about 10 minutes after we checked in. It might have been as early as 9 or 9:30, but I know it was no later than 10. I just do not remember what time we arrived at the airport, driving from our homes.

The transportation from seattle varies depending on whether you are using the cruise line buses or the private system. The cruise line buses begin leaving usually around 9 or 10 as they fill up at the airport. The private bus--Quick Shuttle has a schedule a several buses northbound from the airport and a couple of places downtown beginning as early as 6:30am. Google quick shuttle seattle to vancouver to find their site.

the trip takes about 4 hours, and we had to get off at the border and our luggage was off loaded and then loaded again on the bus after going through customs.

There is also a train which I think I would take the next time. I hear the scenery is spectacular. But of course, this leaves from downtown seattle only.

Ken

Archived