forward cabins..is wind a problem?

wolfatlga

Greetings..

I was checking out the Sun and noticed several cabins at the front of the ship, below the bridge. Looks like a great view, but I was curious about the wind. While the ship is moving would there be too much wind to use the balcony?

Thanks for any experience..

Wolf

Greetings..

I was checking out the Sun and noticed several cabins at the front of the ship, below the bridge. Looks like a great view, but I was curious about the wind. While the ship is moving would there be too much wind to use the balcony?

Thanks for any experience..

Wolf

We sailed in 1202 Pool Deck Valparasio/BA in January. Yes, there were times it was windy but we were often able to sit outside whilst sailing. In fact the balcony was deep and we were quite sheltered.

Enjoyed the cabin so much, it's quite large by the way, have booked it again for the Caribbean in January 2012!

Regards

Susan

We had the balcony on Level 10 just behind the bridge. During the day when we were moving it was fine. They seemed to pick up speed at night and we could hear the wind whipping past us in the night. It really didn't bother us though. The room and the view were great.

We sailed in one of the AD suites on the Sun for a Mexican Riviera cruise. It could be a bit windy if you stood up looking out but it was wonderful when you sat or lounged on the balcony. We loved that suite. One warning though -- I did get a complimentary shower one night when I was sitting on the balcony when it was a very foggy night. The bridge was using the windshield wipers and cleaning the glass too. The spray caught me off guard and made for quite a few laughs! We really enjoyed being able to see where we were going at all times and would sail again in the same suite.

We sailed in March on the Star to Mexico in the OS.

We had both a forward balcony as well as a side balcony.

The forward balcony was awfully windy as well as offering absolutely no shade. The sun was sweltering.

The grandkids loved it for tanning, but I doubt that DW and I spent 30 minutes on the forward balcony all week.

The side balcony was much more pleasant. It offered shelter from the wind and was almost completely shaded. We spent many mornings and evenings on the side balcony enjoying our coffee in the mornings and cold beverages in the late afternoons and evenings.

Archived