Best ship leaving out of Port Canaveral?

de8212

We have been on Disney cruiseline and it was fabulous. We went when we were Florida residents and took advantage of the nice discounts they sometime give. We couldn't afford them now that we no longer live in Florida.

We have also done the Freedom of the Seas and it was fabulous too!! The Freedom is such an impressive ship that will WOW you. My children (ages 4 & 6 at the time we went) loved the childrens program (Adventure Ocean). There was plenty for them to do and enjoy. It really depends on the personality of the child as to whether they have a good time or not. (let me say that is my opinion and many may not agree with me) My children are very outgoing so the entire experience in the childrens program was an adventure for them!! There are lots of planned activities and some my daughters participated in and others they didn't. After all...it was their cruise too.

The Freedom OTS also has the H2O zone and the pools are freshwater. That was a plus for my family.

Good luck with your decision!!

We've been on Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Norwegian, and Disney. Loved them all, but Disney wins for your situation hands down if you can afford it!

No question it is more expensive, but there's a reason for that, and it's evident everywhere you look. Disney just knows how to handle large crowds of kids better than anyone else and keep the kids as well as the parents happy all week long! The shows are great Disney-style entertainment that your kids will love at their ages, and the kids clubs are fantastic. We took the 7-day on the Magic, and we didn't want our week to end it was so great. Even the way they designed the cabins is so smart that our family of four never felt cramped or crowded in our standard outside cabin. The most surprising thing is that they have areas and events that are just for adults, and when you are in them, you would never know you are on a cruise ship with hundreds of children. I was amazed!

I love, love, love to cruise, and I am happy to be on any ship, but that Disney cruise was the best family vacation we could have imagined, and it was worth every last penny!

Archived