ship horn ringtone for iphone ?

CHIEB2812

Email yourself the file to whatever email addy you have on your iPhone.

Or just drag it to your iTunes on your computer and put it in the ring tones file if it doesn't do it automatically. Next time you sync your phone, make sure it syncs ring tones.

That is exactly what I did - but make sure you put in the "ringtones" and not just the regular library. Works like a charm ;)

I have it saved on my desktop. When I try and drag it into my itunes, it goes to the music list, not the ringtone list, I can't seem to get it to go into the ringtone part.

Step by step instructions would be wonderful!!

Thanks, Terry

I have it saved on my desktop. When I try and drag it into my itunes, it goes to the music list, not the ringtone list, I can't seem to get it to go into the ringtone part.

Step by step instructions would be wonderful!!

Thanks, Terry

First......double check that you downloaded the one for "iPhone download" and not the green button that says "Get Ringtone".

Open up iTunes....connect your phone....let it sync.

Then on the page for your phone - in iTunes - open up the ringtones tab.....minimize it down to a half window so that you can also see the file saved on your desktop....double click - or drag the file - and it should show in the ringtones.

If that does not work.....attach the file to an email and send it to yourself.....open the email on the phone and save the file. I believe that will also make it show in the ringtones - but I have never done it that way.

Then once the file shows in the ringtones on iTunes - sync your phone again. It will then show under Sounds....Ringtone.....Custom and you can choose it.

Good luck!!

I can now see it under ringtones on itunes, but even after I sync the phone, it doesn't show up on the phone as a ringtone. I'm trying to choose this ring tone for a particular person, and when I go to the list to choose from, it isn't there - and I don't see a custom one that I can pick.

I need more help!

Terry

Have you checked audiko.net?

I use that for all of my ringtones.. it's free, has a TON of stuff, and you can even make your own. Just remember to keep it under 30 seconds or the iPhone won't load it.

No viruses or spyware or any of that stuff. I've been using it for a few years now, and no issues.

My hubby used that site to make my ringtone. I love it...it's the ship's PA system tone, bing bong bing, followed by and English accented male saying "Mary, you have a message at the Purser's desk." It just shows what cruise addicts we are. LOL

I can now see it under ringtones on itunes, but even after I sync the phone, it doesn't show up on the phone as a ringtone. I'm trying to choose this ring tone for a particular person, and when I go to the list to choose from, it isn't there - and I don't see a custom one that I can pick.

I need more help!

Terry

Under the ringtones in iTunes....is the one you want moved to the phone "checked". Only the checked songs get copied to the phone. Once it is copied to the phone I think you can then choose it for a particular person - but I have never used individual ringtones.

If that does not work....I am out of suggestions. Sorry :(

Hi there. Yes on itunes the little box beside it is ticked - that means it got on there OK. Still doesn't show up on the phone though. When I try to choose a different ringtone for someone - that isn't one of the options.

Terry

I need more help!

Terry

Here is a

, but it sounds like you've done it all correctly. My husband has my custom ringtone set as "Mental Health Hotline" I found this out when I called him but discovered he left his phone on the counter. I had a few choice words for him after that LOL

Thanks for the video - that's what I did - and it does show on itunes that it's there under the ringtones. The problem is I can't find it on my phone! What I'm trying to do is change the ringtone for one of my friends from default to that one - when I go down the list of the available ringtones, it has the standard list - I dont' see "custom" which is what I thought this one would show up as.

Should I be looking somewhere else? I'm new to the whole iphone technology so any more help would be wonderful!

Thanks in advance, Terry

Thanks for the video - that's what I did - and it does show on itunes that it's there under the ringtones. The problem is I can't find it on my phone! What I'm trying to do is change the ringtone for one of my friends from default to that one - when I go down the list of the available ringtones, it has the standard list - I dont' see "custom" which is what I thought this one would show up as.

Should I be looking somewhere else? I'm new to the whole iphone technology so any more help would be wonderful!

Thanks in advance, Terry

I'm not sure. I never bothered to set a custom ringtone on my iPhone. I'll grab my husband's and see if I can figure it out since he does it on his. Give me a few minutes.

Apparently the problem is that it is an mp3 ringtone - it has to be something else. I have someone at work helping me convert it - so hopefully it will work when I change it tonite. If I had known that at the beginning, I would have saved myself some grief!!

Terry

Apparently the problem is that it is an mp3 ringtone - it has to be something else. I have someone at work helping me convert it - so hopefully it will work when I change it tonite. If I had known that at the beginning, I would have saved myself some grief!!

Terry

That's why I asked you if you downloaded to "iPhone" ringtone from the site - because it gives you the choice and the iPhone will not recognize mp3's :cool: which most "regular" ringtones are.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived