Is the Upper Deck on the Triumph a good place to be?

cmlmich

We are going to move our Valor cruise from this November to a cruise on the Triumph in February out of New Orleans. For anyone that has been on the Triumph, is it a nice ship and how is the Upper deck?

Thank you

There's nothing wrong with the upper deck. As you probably know to just check the deck plans to see what's above or below you. You might not want to be too close to the atrium because the music from the piano outside the dining will find it's way there. Other than that, same room just a different deck.

We love the upper decks on the Triumph, just make sure you book Panarama or the Spa deck, they are real nice and quiet. But understand they are on the very front of the ship and it is not as smooth as in the middle

I think the OP poster meant the actual Upper Deck and not decks that are higher up, or upper decks, such as the Panorama or Spa deck....I might be wrong, but that's how what I took it to mean.

The upper deck will be fine. Just, like someone else mentioned, check to see what your cabin will be around(elevators, stairwells, etc.).

We love the upper decks on the Triumph, just make sure you book Panarama or the Spa deck, they are real nice and quiet. But understand they are on the very front of the ship and it is not as smooth as in the middle

I think the OP poster meant the actual Upper Deck and not decks that are higher up, or upper decks, such as the Panorama or Spa deck....I might be wrong, but that's how what I took it to mean.

The upper deck will be fine. Just, like someone else mentioned, check to see what your cabin will be around(elevators, stairwells, etc.).

That is so funny. :D

Just got off the Triumph today. There are some infrastruture issues because of the age of the ship that I'll post about in a review sometime this week.

I also just got off the Triumph yesterday (8/7) and agree with the "infrastructure" problems:

• Two dining rooms results in a "hole" on decks 3 & 4 between the two with no method to escape except "up & over".
  • Deck 5 consequently is pretty congested at peak times. The photographers don't help.
  • No main deck access to the back of the ship. Most ships have a wrap around main deck where one can walk to back of the ship and up the other side. Not Triumph.
  • Only two main buffet lines, generally a bit busy.
  • They have a buffet dining area on deck 10, but one needs to carry the food up a stairway, it's OK, but not the most efficient.

It's still a great ship (our 2nd on Triumph), and it worked out well for us, we had an aft wrap on 7, so we spent a lot of time there, but up two decks to Lido, down three for dining aft in Paris. Didn't do the buffets too much, but if one went at 1:30 or so, no crowds!

I also just got off the Triumph yesterday (8/7) and agree with the "infrastructure" problems:

• Two dining rooms results in a "hole" on decks 3 & 4 between the two with no method to escape except "up & over".
  • Deck 5 consequently is pretty congested at peak times. The photographers don't help.
  • No main deck access to the back of the ship. Most ships have a wrap around main deck where one can walk to back of the ship and up the other side. Not Triumph.
  • Only two main buffet lines, generally a bit busy.
  • They have a buffet dining area on deck 10, but one needs to carry the food up a stairway, it's OK, but not the most efficient.

It's still a great ship (our 2nd on Triumph), and it worked out well for us, we had an aft wrap on 7, so we spent a lot of time there, but up two decks to Lido, down three for dining aft in Paris. Didn't do the buffets too much, but if one went at 1:30 or so, no crowds!

We were on the Triumph in May, 2009 and it was my favorite ship so far. We also had an aft wrap that really spoiled me. It was 7422. Once you got used to the layout, it was a snap. We ate many a buffet meal on that upper deck, even though it was a pain to navigate with trays and all, but nobody up there and beautiful views.

Archived