Veendam A/C issues - cabin by cabin reports please

charleysmom

Air conditioning IS a medical issue for many people. There are many different medical issues which require cool air for breathing. That's why we often hear an advisory about difficult breathing conditions outside and that people should stay indoors where it's cool.

While I'm not sure about the death rate in developing worlds, I chose not to live there. I expect to have air at a comfortable level for breathing and sleeping.

Lack of sleep because it's too hot would absolutely ruin my cruise. I don't do well without it and would be a mess in 2 days.

Lack of cool air would be a medical issue for my traveling companion.

This whole discussion is ridiculous. Hal should either fix the problem (which it seems unable to do because of mechanical issues) or take the Veendam out of service.

AMEN! I couldn't have said it better. I am one who was told by the doctor to be sure I stay in air conditioning for my breathing. I hope my room is one of the cool ones or I will have a problem. I shouldn't have to be worrying about this. Air should be a given.

cookingmom,

Thank you for this: " Our family in cabin 580 were also blessed with great AC and a working thermastat too.'

I am booked and paid in 580 on the Veendam out of Valparaiso in November and looking forward to it.

Being personally responsible for global warming on two continents in the last two decades, I seek coolness. ;)

My DH and I came back this week from the Aug 22nd sailing of the Veendam. We were in cabin 108 on deck 9, and we did not have air conditioning for the entire trip. We reported it but nothing was done. Luckily we were given a desk fan that kept things relatively cool, or I would not have been able to tolerate being in our room. The two cabins surrounding us did not have air either.

Amy

Archived