My Fast Acting, Long Lasting, Dream Review. Just off the Ship this morning...

Meredisney

We were also on this sailing, our 14th with Carnival and we had a great time..We really enjoyed the ship. Hardly any motion at all. The shows were better than any cruise we have been on with the exception of Marcus Anthony a Motown singer who we saw on The Glory and Liberty..Enjoyed the band on other cruises better..Great service...We would definitely sail on the Dream again...already booked on the Miracel to the Southern Caribbean.

Looking forward to reading the rest of your review. We are booked in April 2011, it can't get here soon enough! One question how was the view on the balcony. I have read that the lanai has caused some issues with the view from the balconies.

LOVE the review so far. Thanks for taking time to do this. I know after a cruise I don't want to come here.....

Booked a spa balcony for 9/4 and looking forward to your review of the spa ammenities.

And being from the Ft Myers area, nice to see the pic of Norman Love!

Edited by Dtronic

Great review so far. Thanks for sharing past menu and pictures! I have a group of 40 at this time sailing on the Dream next July. Will definitely check out the Pasta bar on the first day!

Hi Jerseyshore Bruce....remember me, we sailed on the Liberty together last year!!!

Hi Great review,I noticed stairs going up to the pasta station.Is that the only way up----my husband is in a wheel chair and would need an elevator.or do i need to go up and get his food and bring it down.

Thanks and keep it coming-we will be on the Dream on the 11th of Sept:)

poohbear, my parents were in 9209 which was pretty much as far Forward as you can get. Obviously the Lanai didn't interfere with their view. IMHO I don't think the lanai would be an issue. It doesn't stick out any further than the Jacuzzis.

CruiserCindy, As loisann said, you can take an elevator to the pasta bar. It is located on deck 11.

Edited by Meredisney

Day 2 – Sunday Nassau, Bahamas

We woke up rested and ready to go Sunday morning. All of us had been to Nassau before so rather than booking an excursion or tour, we went our separate ways to do things on our own. My parents were disappointed that we wouldn’t be stopping at a Private Island, they really enjoy the beach, so they got off the ship as soon as they could and headed over to the British Colonial Hilton. My DH and I took our time getting off the ship and strolled the streets of Nassau. We didn’t make any huge purchases. I got a cute set of color changing hair clips from Del Sol and my husband picked up a bottle of Bahamian Rum for a co-worker. We ran into my parents and they told us that they weren’t happy with the beach at the Hilton so they decided not to stay. They were happy that they didn’t purchase the beach pass. They headed back to the ship and my DH and I, being the curious people that we are, decided to check out the Hilton for ourselves.

British Colonial Hilton

The British Colonial Hilton is located on the other side of Senior Frogs. As soon as you get off the ship, go through the welcome center, make an immediate right and go as far as you can until hit Senior Frogs. You will then need to make a left and follow the main road straight and to the left. The British Colonial is located on the right. There is a gate for cars that says exit only with a sidewalk that takes you right up to the hotel entrance.

Upon entering the hotel, I had to question if my parents had visited the same place! It was absolutely beautiful with marble tiles and a grand staircase leading up to the second level. We crossed through the lobby and walked outside where we found the wedding lawn. A husband and wife were there with their teenage daughter and they offered to take our picture under the arch. The mom told us that if you say “I Do” under the arch, you will be married forever. We thought it was cute and said our “I Do’s”. There was a rectangular pool, cabana type bar, and a white sandy beach with a view of the cruise ships. My parents complained about the view of a barge to the left of the resort, but we really didn’t find it so unsightly that it would hinder our experience. We took some photos and even a brochure on the way out of the hotel. We never saw anyone monitoring the Guests at the beach and don’t really see why anyone wouldn’t be able to just go there on their own. Perhaps someone would’ve eventually come outside to check for wristbands or something of that nature, but we didn’t see it happen while we were there.

th_10Hilton.jpg th_11Hilton.jpg

After our touring the hotel we headed back to the Dream for lunch and I finally had a chance to utizile my VIP Spa Pass!

I just left click and it opens the picture in a new window....full-size....try it again it should work.

For some unknown reason, if you are using AOL, the pictures won't get bigger if you click on them. I gave up trying a long time ago.

keep it coming, great review...We go on Oct 2nd and have a room with the cloud 9 spa option. Tell me all about the spa. THANKS.

Hey clarkspond!!! If your sailing on Oct 2nd we have a roll call going!! Come join us!!!

Meredisney... Awesome review!!!! Love everything about it!!!

Carmel