Sept-Iles recommendations?

Hi, we're stopping in Sept-Iles on our cruise from QC to Boston, and none of the excursions offered by the boat are attractive to us. I did a search here, and came up short on info regarding this port. What is there to do here besides the train ride? Is there any scenery we need to see, that I'm not aware of?

Thanks for your help.

There's a local history museum, a little bit of shopping, a short boardwalk along the river, some ferries to the islands, perhaps an industrial tour, ride the shuttle bus loop that operates on cruise ship days. There is some scenery along the river, not much in the community itself. But this really is a somewhat removed Quebec community that, like many other places, does not have a plethora of activity. I've traveled to Sept-Îles now a total of 6 times (arriving twice by bus, twice by railroad, and twice by sea), each time doing so only to transit the community--not to visit it as a destination--and each time thinking that I would likely never visit it again in my lifetime.

Archived