Ft. Lauderdale lodging and getting to cruise port

traveler1980

We are going to be traveling in March with our then 15 month old. We are wanting to leave the car seat at home if at all possible, but trying to figure out logistics of getting to the hotel and cruise ship from airport. We would like to stay at the Embassy Suites or Homewood Suites. We would be coming in Friday night and leaving on the ship Sat. Any suggestions of how to get from the airport to one of these hotels and then the ship without the car seat? Thanks!

I would research which hotels have a shuttle from airport to hotel and from hotel to cruiseport. Then you'll just have to pay for a shuttle from cruiseport to airport.

I know Econolodge does but I cannot recommend it as I felt it was in a bad part of town.

Also be aware that you may be waiting for a while at the Fort Lauderdale cruise port for a shuttle. We waited on a high 80 degree day, full blazing sun for over an hour for a rental car shuttle there after getting off the ship. Maybe a taxi would be faster? But then you'd have to have the carseat??:confused:

Look thru posts on Florida under East Coast Departures. You may find some hotel ideas there. I would decide on a possible few hotels and then call them to see if they have shuttle service from airport to hotel and from hotel to cruise ship. Also I would call a Ft. Lauderdale taxi service or 2 to ask about the car seat going from ship to airport.

We have sailed from Ft. L many many times, and have stayed overnight there alot too, but NOT in recent years, since Mike has an elderly aunt at Venice FL on west coast. So we always drive down from Tenn (even with 6 grandkids!) in our Suburban, spend night before cruise in Venice hotel & take aunt out to dinner -- then next AM drive to Ft. L and park near port. Last time (5 yr ago) we stayed in Ft. L we stayed at a real nice Choice new hotel in Dania -- Sleep Inn, I think -- had shuttle service both ways.

Archived