Sheraton on Cable Beach or Reef Village on Our Lacaya???

Margarita Monkey

I will be in the Bahamas (one day in Nassau and one day in Freeport). I plan to spend one day at the beach and the other sailing/snorkeling. Which beach is better....Sheraton on Cable Beach (Nassau) or Reef Village on Our Lacaya (Freeport)? Please advise as I only have 3 weeks before our trip. Thanks!

I would vote for the Sheraton on Cable Beach. I cannot remeber the name of the beach we went to in Freeport. It was at the big resort across from the shopping area. We were not impressed. We went to the Sheraton and loved the pools, and the beach area was very nice.

We went to Blue Lagoon Island in Nassau, but I'd suggest doing your snorkelling in Freeport. Blue Lagoon was amazing, but the beaches we saw in Nassau seemed nicer than what we saw in Freeport (not that Freeport was awful by any means). I've also heard good things about the Sheraton. Based mostly on the fact that you want to snorkel, I suggest doing the snorkeling in Freeport - this is the suggestion we were given before we went and I've read posts also recommending snorkelling in Freeport since we've been back!

Unfortunately, I've gotten mixed suggestions on which locations have the better beaches (Nassau or Freeport) so I made the following plans for our two days in the Bahamas and am hoping for the best. Several told me that Sheraton on Nassau was the best but others said that the beaches in Freeport are much calmer. Please advise on these plans if you can. Thanks!

Nassau - Full day of Sailing/Snorkeling/Rose Island with Barefoot Cruise

Freeport - Reef Village on Our Lacaya for a day at the beach. Location for lunch is still up in the air, suggestions welcome.

Archived