Must sees in Halifax, NS and St. John, NB

We've never been and I doubt we'll do this cruise again so what would you see in both places if you had one shot to go there? I was considering Peggy's Cove and Bay of Fundy but if they are not worth the tour prices and we can just walk around and see things by the port, we would normally just do that. TIA!

We've never been and I doubt we'll do this cruise again so what would you see in both places if you had one shot to go there? I was considering Peggy's Cove and Bay of Fundy but if they are not worth the tour prices and we can just walk around and see things by the port, we would normally just do that. TIA!

In Saint John the most popular excursion is St. Martins Sea Caves - walk sea floor. You may find more affordable excursions there privately at www.freedomtours.com

There is plenty to see right where the ship docks in Saint John if you choose not to go on an excursion. I suggest the Old City Market.

For Halifax I recommend a tour with halifaxtaxitours.com . You can get a great tour to Peggy’s Cove and Fairview Cemetery (Titanic graves). Ask for a driver who has a van (see the drivers on the web site) and split the cost with others if you want.

http://downtownhalifax.ca/index.php/experience/downtown/ FRED, the free shuttle bus, transports residents and visitors around the Downtown. FRED runs from beginning of July to the end of October, seven days a week from 10:30 am to 5:00 pm.

Here are photos of our cruise from just two weeks ago to the Reversing Falls, Peggy's Cove and Fairview Cemetery. Frankly I wasn't impressed with the Reversing Falls but Peggy's Cove and Fairview Cemetery were worth it.

http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m303/kevrab/Our%20Cruise%20to%20Canada%202010/

I can not say enough good things about the excursions that we took in St. Johns,the Bay of Fundy photo tour with Lance Timmons and in Halifax, the Peggy's Cove/Titanic tour.

Both were through Carnival and both were fun and informative. Great tours.

We plan to rent a car in Saint John and drive to St. Martins to walk the sea cave and the ocean floor. I think it's about 45 minutes away. Nearby is the Fundy Pkwy, which is supposed to be a 7 mile scenic drive with several pullouts for views. The cost of the car rental is much cheaper than the cost of the cruise ship tour for 2 or more people. I think it's a pretty straightforward road - I found a good map on mapquest. We leave this Saturday!

We plan to rent a car in Saint John and drive to St. Martins to walk the sea cave and the ocean floor. I think it's about 45 minutes away. Nearby is the Fundy Pkwy, which is supposed to be a 7 mile scenic drive with several pullouts for views. The cost of the car rental is much cheaper than the cost of the cruise ship tour for 2 or more people. I think it's a pretty straightforward road - I found a good map on mapquest. We leave this Saturday!

Avoid the highway like the GPS wants to take you - take Loch Lomand Road - pretty much follow your nose the whole way there.

We hope to do the same thing in a few weeks... can you please report back on your experience when you return? Thanks!

Avoid the highway like the GPS wants to take you - take Loch Lomand Road - pretty much follow your nose the whole way there.

Hi Acey, we will be renting a car and going to Saint Andrews by the Sea in three weeks. Any suggestions on the best way to get there. Is there

something we should stop and see on the way over. We will have the GPS

but thought you might have a better way. How many Kilometers is it from

St. John to Saint Andrews by the Sea. One of the car rental places charges for each kilometer over 150. Thanks for the info. :)

Hi Acey, we will be renting a car and going to Saint Andrews by the Sea in three weeks. Any suggestions on the best way to get there. Is there

something we should stop and see on the way over. We will have the GPS

but thought you might have a better way. How many Kilometers is it from

St. John to Saint Andrews by the Sea. One of the car rental places charges for each kilometer over 150. Thanks for the info. :)

It is 110 KM's each way. Very easy access from car rentals agencies onto Route #1 WEST - watch for exit to Saint Andrew's. There are 2 choices for car rental places near ship - AVIS and Enterprise - do they both limit you to 150? I would switch to the one that doesn't charge extra.

Archived