Recliners on balcony?

cruzstar

This is my first time in a veranda stateroom... thought I would rest out there... but how? Looks like the Epic has a couple chairs... and they don't recline. Any thoughts from past cruisers?:confused:

I've read you can ask the butler to bring you a lounger chair and they will do so. Just not sure with the balcony's being smaller how much you can recline it.

I've read you can ask the butler to bring you a lounger chair and they will do so. Just not sure with the balcony's being smaller how much you can recline it.

The balcony staterooms don't have a butler and the courtyard villa balcony really isn't big enough.

Thanks for the info... is this normal for a balcony stateroom or is the Norwegian Epic just skimping on the relaxation! ;)

The balcony on a normal balcony cabin is big enough for at least one lounge chair and, yes, IMHO the Epic is skimping here on a balcony of this size - we measured 8x7.

People have had luck asking the steward to bring a lounger.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the info... is this normal for a balcony stateroom or is the Norwegian Epic just skimping on the relaxation! ;)

I don't think Epic is skimping on lounge chairs...on our previous cruises on NCL, Royal Caribbean, and Carnival....the standard balcony rooms only had 2 regular chairs and a small table.

The standard balcony is much bigger than any other standard we've had on an NCL ship and nearly twice the size of the Carnival ones (never been on Royal Caribbean).

If not loungers, reclining chairs should have been standard with footrests and/or a decent sized table like you would find on Princess. Give us the furniture to relax and enjoy this big open space.

They would easily fit in 55-65 square feet. I still believe NCL dropped the ball here.

Archived