Carnival Chef's Table

Volo

We are sailing on the Pride in October and received our Chef's Table dinner confirmation. It sounds fabulous! Has anyone been to one? I am curious about the menu? Does it change for each cruise?

Thanks so much!

• 11 months later...

You and I posted similar threads. I'll be traveling on the Legend 9/11. I got this response from GatorMomNC:

We did the Chef's Table on Carnival (Glory, I believe it was) and it was great. First of all you go back with the chef and see the kitchen and how it works, which is really fascinating. You have some champagne and some horsdeurves (sp?). You watch them make chocolate melting cake as part of the tour. Then you go to a private room off the dining room and are served a several-course meal. With the exception of one wine/drink server (all the wine is included), all the other "servers" are the assistant chefs. They plate or make some of the courses right in front of you. The chef talks about the food, answers your questions. It is a small group, maybe a dozen people. The food is fantastic, the other people at the table are all foodies like yourself so you automatically have something in common. One of the desserts is the chocolate melting cake which you saw prepared. At the end you get a photo of the group around the table, a copy of the menu and a cookbook. Just really a delightful evening and one of the best experiences I've had on any cruise so far.

We were on the Liberty last August, and were invited to the Chef's dinner. Out of a typical 7 day cruise (weekend to weekend) I was led to believe they only do it twice, on Tue and Thur. Our experience was similar to GatorMom's: tour with hors d'oeuvres, private dining room (that was special!), menu, photo, cookbook. Took easily 3 hours. We only had 6 people, because one couple didn't show. Everyone was dressed up (men in suits).

The service was exceptional. All the courses were delicious, except, I must say, the special dessert made by the Exec Chef (not the Exec Pastry Chef). We did have a spoonful of the 'group choc cake' we had mixed up in the galley, but Chef explained he wanted to do something 'extra special' for us, so he made us another extra dessert that was some weird components that really didn't go together... We didn't finish ours unfortunately. I wanted to tell the chef "Don't quit your day job!" :eek: It would have been nice if the Pastry Chef had made something special for us instead, like a souffle perhaps.

We were invited guests, but the next day when we ran into one of the other couples, they happened to say something like "well worth the $75 extra per person." We did not pay, (as I said we had been 'invited') and it was a wonderful evening which I will always remember, but I don't think I'd pay an extra $150 for the dinner...

Sorry, forgot to add:

Although 'couples' paid for two people, they only received one cookbook and picture per couple. My traveling companion was not 'family', and when the chef overheard us teasing each other as to who got to keep the picture, and who got to keep the book, he did go back and get another book for my friend, which was very kind. :D

• 3 weeks later...
You and I posted similar threads. I'll be traveling on the Legend 9/11. I got this response from GatorMomNC:

We did the Chef's Table on Carnival (Glory, I believe it was) and it was great. First of all you go back with the chef and see the kitchen and how it works, which is really fascinating. You have some champagne and some horsdeurves (sp?). You watch them make chocolate melting cake as part of the tour. Then you go to a private room off the dining room and are served a several-course meal. With the exception of one wine/drink server (all the wine is included), all the other "servers" are the assistant chefs. They plate or make some of the courses right in front of you. The chef talks about the food, answers your questions. It is a small group, maybe a dozen people. The food is fantastic, the other people at the table are all foodies like yourself so you automatically have something in common. One of the desserts is the chocolate melting cake which you saw prepared. At the end you get a photo of the group around the table, a copy of the menu and a cookbook. Just really a delightful evening and one of the best experiences I've had on any cruise so far.

Thanks you for the post.

• 4 weeks later...
We were on the Liberty last August, and were invited to the Chef's dinner. Out of a typical 7 day cruise (weekend to weekend) I was led to believe they only do it twice, on Tue and Thur. Our experience was similar to GatorMom's: tour with hors d'oeuvres, private dining room (that was special!), menu, photo, cookbook. Took easily 3 hours. We only had 6 people, because one couple didn't show. Everyone was dressed up (men in suits).

The service was exceptional. All the courses were delicious, except, I must say, the special dessert made by the Exec Chef (not the Exec Pastry Chef). We did have a spoonful of the 'group choc cake' we had mixed up in the galley, but Chef explained he wanted to do something 'extra special' for us, so he made us another extra dessert that was some weird components that really didn't go together... We didn't finish ours unfortunately. I wanted to tell the chef "Don't quit your day job!" :eek: It would have been nice if the Pastry Chef had made something special for us instead, like a souffle perhaps.

We were invited guests, but the next day when we ran into one of the other couples, they happened to say something like "well worth the $75 extra per person." We did not pay, (as I said we had been 'invited') and it was a wonderful evening which I will always remember, but I don't think I'd pay an extra $150 for the dinner...

So how does one go about being invited to the chef's table? Thanks

Archived