Clarification on soda package/water availability

Is there any place onboard that does not offer fountain soda? I only drink diet coke ( type 1 diabetic and milk and juices mess with my sugar too much) We will be sailing on the Serenade.

I had the soda card. You can get a carbonated drink from any venue that serves it. In the showroom, just show your card and the server will bring you one. Same at any bar. In the Windjammer. I showed it to our waiter the first night and my Diet Cokes showed up at dinner each night without having to show it again. I do admit that some of it tasted pretty "strange". On more than one occasion I had to request a replacement. It was not a beer taste, but it might have been something else that was dispensed prior to my diet. It also works for club soda if you want a diet fizzy drink with no caffeine. Unfortunately, they don't have caffeine free diet coke.

Iam new to the whole cruising world and CC but from what I have read you can bring your own bottle water and pop onto the ship if you like which sounds like would save lot of money

At one time you could bring on a case of soft drink if it wasn't the same brand that was being sold on the ship (Coke products.) That is why you see many people bringing cases of pepsi onboard.

Several people stated that RCL is getting tougher and on some ships people were not allowed to bring their water and pepsi on board. And as stated earlier I think it all depends on who is working security.

As for the water, I would bring some water bottles and fill them before you leave the ship. I am very fussy about water and I don't have a problem with the ship's water.

Another thing-----since I am a fussy-water person. I only use bottled water to brush and rinse my toothbrush. There were two mornings when the tap water had a slight orange color to it.

Have a great cruise.

Perhaps I don't understand your post correctly. You state that the water is fine to drink but not good enough to brush your teeth with? :confused:

Akcruz,

I am one of those people who can tell the brand of a cola drink by taste. The Coke served in the Centrum Bar on Jewel of the Seas had a beer taste to it. My husband watched and they did use the same fountain hose.

I didn't explain myself well enough about the tap water in the bathroom. I didn't drink the water from the bathroom tap, but I did drink water in the dining rooms and restaurants. That water always looked clear. We had a Captain's Corner one afternoon and the officer who handles the ship's water system said they occassionaly have discolored water, but not to worry about it. My choice was not to drink the bathroom tap water.

On our EOS cruise in Dec. 2009 we got a soda package for our 12 yr old son and it really worked out well, he also got a nice insulated drinking cup to keep. The only odd thing was, when I asked him about the places where he got his soda- he said: "I usually just go into the bars".:eek: Apparently because the fountain soda was most convenient at the 'drinking' establishments.

I have taken my own bottled water on RCI cruises, not smuggled just taken as luggage in a wheely case and in full view, the room attended even commented onit and got us ice every day and evening for it, as I dont like soda etc. i think its only alcohol you cant bring on board and on board found plenty of places for fresh iced water which tastes fine, if you can forget about how it "made"!

Why would you lug around heavy/expensive bottled water, when you can take a cheap/lightweight water filter or pitcher, and an empty bottle, and make as much purified water as you want?

Archived