Bermuda Question - Kings Warf to St. George

When getting off of the cruise ship in Bermuda, we would like to go to St. George to snorkel. I know there is a ferry and there are buses. For anyone who has done this, what is the fastest way to get there? Where are they (bus/ferry) located when you get off the ship? Also can you recommend tips to get there fast.

Thanks!

The ferry is definitely much faster, but you can take a bus and get a very scenic tour of the island too. If you just want to get to St. George, take the ferry.

The transportation center is right there at the pier where you dock, you can't miss it. We typically buy the unlimited three-day pass for $28 (that was the pricing last year, not sure if it has increased) that allows you unlimited use of the ferries and buses.

when getting off of the cruise ship in bermuda, we would like to go to st. George to snorkel. I know there is a ferry and there are buses. For anyone who has done this, what is the fastest way to get there? Where are they (bus/ferry) located when you get off the ship? Also can you recommend tips to get there fast.

Thanks!

ferry is 40 minutes/bus forever

Just back We bought a 2 day pass. $20 for adults. I think it was $12 for the kids. A nice ride. I heard it was 2 hours by bus. No thanks. Ferry was 30-40 min. Go to the excursion talk. You dont have to stay, but you can get a Bermuda map there. Make sure you pick up a transportaion map/schedule too. If you go to Horshoe Bay you take the number 7 bus. Check bus coming back. Not all #7's go back to the dockyard. Some stop at Somerset. Only made that mistake once. Have fun :)

The ferry dock at the Dockyard is located just to the left as you leave the ramp to King's Wharf.

When you reach St George's, walk to the town square and either hire a taxi or ride the jitney to Tobacco Bay, assuming that is where you are going.

The jitney is $3.00/person; the taxi, about $8.00 plus tip for 1 - 4 paxs.

FYI, there is a Bermuda forum at the Ports of Call board - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=196

SBtS

Archived