Ft. Lauderdale - Springhill Suites

roe2ship

We stayed at Springhill Suites in December and will be staying there again next month. We stayed there a year ago also. We thought it was a good place to stay - if you are flying in, they have a free shuttle from the airport - if you are driving, you can leave your car there during the cruise at no charge - they have a free shuttle to the ship and a free breakfast. The rooms were spacious with a sitting area and kitchenette with microwave, coffee pot, refrig., etc.

We stayed there in December of 2002 and loved it. What bad reviews are you referring to?

My only negative was that when we stayed there there was a Carnival type thing next door and we felt a little less than confident leaving our car there (no charge) while we cruised. We didn't have any problems though so it was a very positive experience for us.

Since then though, we've stayed at the AmeriSuites right near the port a couple of times. I prefer that location because there a alot of places to eat right near by and they actually have a security guard on duty 24/7 patrolling the parking lot. They pick you up at the airport; take you to the port; and with a phone call, they will pick you back up after the cruise!

Sharon

We stayed there in December of 2002 and loved it. What bad reviews are you referring to?

There are some negatives reviews on Tripadvisor. I am actually going to try to get this hotel using Priceline, the other in that rating and zone is LaQuinta Inn and it seems to have consistent reviews. We are a family of 5 and renting a car so both hotels appeal to us as both offer free parking and free breakfast. However hoping to get Springhill since they have the sleeper sofa area.

We are a family of 5 and renting a car so both hotels appeal to us as both offer free parking and free breakfast. However hoping to get Springhill since they have the sleeper sofa area.

I'm a TA and actually contacted the SpringHill Suites about having 5 in the room for a client who had 5 in their family. I was told 5 is possible, only to learn later that 4 is the limit. Make sure to either check or only mention 4 people (; !

Sharon

That sounds odd since they actually have room for six people to sleep (2 dbls and the sleeper sofa) My youngest is 3, he can sleep with us for the one night.My concern is getting a minimum of 2 beds to accomadate 4 and being this is a suite hotel it fits the bill.

Archived