Island Marketing Zoo & Old Belize Tour

tw67

I am looking for info on this. We will be going with 3 youngish kids (all younger than 9). We were looking for a beach excursion, but didn't see anything we really liked, then thought maybe this would be good, you do get to do a beach at the end.

I have sent a request for info on it since they do limit the trip to 10 people, and we are only a few weeks away! Planning late!!

Terry

We are actually leaving the kids on the ship in Belize. It seems like the only port on our itinerary that isn't exactly "family friendly" if you have little ones like you and I do. We have 4 ages 2-8. My husband and I are struggling to find something for the two of us to do as well. With them being in camp, we have to be extra careful not to cut any times close, but rather give ourselves a couple hour leeway to get on the ship. We'll likely just hang out at the Wet Lizard and do pretty much nothing.

We are actually leaving the kids on the ship in Belize. It seems like the only port on our itinerary that isn't exactly "family friendly" if you have little ones like you and I do. We have 4 ages 2-8. My husband and I are struggling to find something for the two of us to do as well. With them being in camp, we have to be extra careful not to cut any times close, but rather give ourselves a couple hour leeway to get on the ship. We'll likely just hang out at the Wet Lizard and do pretty much nothing.

I might send them back to the ship halfway through Cozumel, so I didn't want to do that in Belize! My husband will be with our 12 year old cave tubing, and my younger one just won't be into it. He also refuses to snorkel. Ugh!! So tell me about the Wet Lizard?!

I am now checking out Coral Breeze and doing the Caye Caulker tour.

I might send them back to the ship halfway through Cozumel, so I didn't want to do that in Belize! My husband will be with our 12 year old cave tubing, and my younger one just won't be into it. He also refuses to snorkel. Ugh!! So tell me about the Wet Lizard?!

I am now checking out Coral Breeze and doing the Caye Caulker tour.

I don't know anything about it other than what I've read here. It's a bar. That's all I know LOL We are keeping the kids with us in the other two ports to do family stuff, so Belize is the no kid day for us. Yeah, if you are sending them back on another port day I totally see your point here. We do all the family stuff, but one day we like to have for grown up activities. I'd feel terrible if I left them on board in every port although they prefer to stay in camp.

I don't know anything about it other than what I've read here. It's a bar. That's all I know LOL We are keeping the kids with us in the other two ports to do family stuff, so Belize is the no kid day for us. Yeah, if you are sending them back on another port day I totally see your point here. We do all the family stuff, but one day we like to have for grown up activities. I'd feel terrible if I left them on board in every port although they prefer to stay in camp.

We are also leaving them home for the first time ever in the Fall while we go on a cruise for our 20th anniversary! We have both been away before on trips, but never both at the same time before!! So I think I am carrying that guilt!! LOL!!

Terry

We are also leaving them home for the first time ever in the Fall while we go on a cruise for our 20th anniversary! We have both been away before on trips, but never both at the same time before!! So I think I am carrying that guilt!! LOL!!

Terry

I am so jealous! Man, if I could find someone to pawn all 4 off on for a week... :rolleyes:

I am so jealous! Man, if I could find someone to pawn all 4 off on for a week... :rolleyes:

Sabrina, don't be jealous!! I only have 2, so it is a little easier. I am still not sure how it is going to work out. I don't really have family around to help, so I trusting friends to do it, and my 18 year old college freshman babysitter! My older son is a travel hockey family so I think those families will help him get to and from practice..I will spend most of the week worried!!

Now onto Belize...the decision has been made, my friend and I will put the younger ones in camp, and we will do a spa port special, and have girl time!!

Terry

• 2 weeks later...

Found 2 online,,but both need 2 persons,will be on own,,but would gladly join group...just dont want to hire taxi by myself,,,have read sort of rough in places,,esp..for senior citizen on own,,,is that right???

All the ships tours are for much more active things,,,which hubby will try,,not me...:confused:

Archived