Zipline in Saint John is Fun!!

Was on the Glory 7/26 and did the zipline in Saint John. It was a lot of fun and very safe.

http://www.saintjohnadventures.ca/

Your pictures gave us a clearer view of the zipline. I am thinking about booking this excursion for our September cruise. Because this is very new, I have a few questions hope you would answer.

1. Did you book this tour b4 your cruise?

2. Do they accept walk in customers?

3. What time did you arrive at the park?

4. Were there long lines?

5. Were there children and teens?

Thanks!

Your pictures gave us a clearer view of the zipline. I am thinking about booking this excursion for our September cruise. Because this is very new, I have a few questions hope you would answer.

1. Did you book this tour b4 your cruise?

2. Do they accept walk in customers?

3. What time did you arrive at the park?

4. Were there long lines?

5. Were there children and teens?

Thanks!

I called in advance, they did not require payment, just setup a time. it is rather new and so it was not through the cruise ship (which would be more expensive) and at the time I was the only one on my tour, but the cruisers below saw it and they got a lot of walk-ins at that time. It is located right above (300 yards?) where they take you to go on the speed boat tour or anything to do with the reversing fall They are trying to get on the cruise ships but yes, at that time they did accept walk ins.

My appt was for 11 but when I got off the ship at 9 there is a little store across the street (Water something) and they will talk to you about the zipline and she called for me and moved it up to as soon as I could get there. There was another tour after me and they said they get a lot of walk-ins on cruise ship day. They are a family and very friendly, give them a call and they can talk to you all about it. I'm sure they take kids to a certain age.

Being alone, it took about 45 minutes with 2 guides. He would go then I would go and she would follow behind me, it was fun, very safe and not scary, no sudden drops. It is a double pully system and I saw no way it could fail, no weak points. And trust me, I am afraid of everything and after seeing all the safeguards and after the first 2 seconds all my fears were gone.

I got there by taking the bus (about 10 minute ride) which also goes along Douglas street (you might want to research this) and that street is on most of the tours, it is a very lovely victorian street. Cost was $2.50 each way -- for one that is good, for a family a taxi would be fine, not sure about the hop on hop off bus as I don't think it goes down to the falls, but that was only a 2 minute walk from the bus stop.

In our party of 3 only one wants to zipline, but we thought we'd all take the taxi together and 2 of us watch the youngest among us do the zipline.

Couple of questions 1) Were all your photos taken by bystanders, or some taken by people doing the zip?

2) Besides watching the zip and the falls, is there anything else besides the jet boat ride in the area in case us watchers get bored? (But since it is my DD who will be zipping, you probably won't be able to tear me away from the railing).

3) In cAse it is raining, is there a shelter there for watchers? ha THANKs

In our party of 3 only one wants to zipline, but we thought we'd all take the taxi together and 2 of us watch the youngest among us do the zipline.

Couple of questions 1) Were all your photos taken by bystanders, or some taken by people doing the zip?

2) Besides watching the zip and the falls, is there anything else besides the jet boat ride in the area in case us watchers get bored? (But since it is my DD who will be zipping, you probably won't be able to tear me away from the railing).

3) In cAse it is raining, is there a shelter there for watchers? ha THANKs

There is a viewing area over looking the water - down below is the jet boat ride and up above is the zip lining. Aside from the 2 attractions, there is nothing else in the immediate area. I don't recall seeing a shelter there for the public; however, on google maps image viewer there is a tent canopy with picnic tables underneath it, but I don't know if that is still there. There is public washroom facilities.

Archived