Cayman Kai Beach

lovecruzing

Does anyone know how far Cayman Kai beach is from the cruise port or how much is the cost of the taxi to get there? We will be in Cayman in a few weeks and just trying to decide which beach to go too. Our last time there we did Rum Point and even though I would love to go there again, I probably will not try to go there soon coz by the time you get there and back, for me, there is not enough time at the beach. Thanks.

Bevie

Cayman Kai "Miller's" Public Beach is located less than a mile from Rum Point, and like Rum Point taxi fare would be cost prohibitive for many and is not served by public bus. The only facilities there are restrooms. So going there would not provide you any more time than visiting Rum Point.

Posted below is a link to many of the public access beach areas on Grand Cayman. I would recommend Smith Cove Bacadere (restrooms, picnic tables and shade), the Governor's (picnic tables and shade) and Cemetery Beach (shade) sections on Seven Mile Beach, or West Bay “Jefferson” Beach (restrooms and picnic tables) at the far northern section of SMB by the Foster's Grocery Store and Alfresco's restaurant. These will normally be less crowded with your fellow tourists and can be reached easily by taxi or public mini-bus.

http://caymanislandsdiscounts.com/FreeBeaches.htm

Archived