Carnival Sprit to Mexico 1-28-05 Any one else experience this cruise?

THE WINTER CRUISER

I disagree with Winter Cruiser, as well! My whole family went on this cruise and loved it! The Spirit is a very busy ship and sails to Mexico in the winter, then Hawaii and Alaska. There is going to be some wear and tear in all of that! We went in Nov of last year and maybe we did see wear and tear, carpets that may need a litlle attention and some chairs that had been torn a little. But that was NOT going to ruin our vacation! Nor did the CD! Of course, we had Todd Whittmer then and he was wonderful! But there are mornings that you don't want to get up as early as he does, so we wore earplugs! We were not impressed by the art auctions either, so we didn't go! Our choice, not the CD's. We had a night in the showroom that was just so over the top weird, so we left...again, our choice. You are on a cruise and there is plenty to do on a ship, you do not have to do what "everybody" is doing. Next time, go down to the bar, have a drink, then jump on up to the lido for some ice cream and enjoy the time you are spending with your family and friends! Have a laugh, play a game, meet new people. That's what we did when the entertainment was bad! Try the lemonade when you are handed a bowl full of lemons!

Wow this is an OLD post.

I know that this was several years ago and can hardly compare it to recent dates but we LOVED everything about our Spirit cruises. Loved the ship, loved the layout, loved the staff, "LOVED THE GYM," Loved showering in the nice showers in the spa and then getting ready there. Some of the best entertainment we've experienced on any ship and some of the best food on any ship...even though the menu's are all the same...just tasted good.

We were disappointed with the food and the dining room on our Glory cruise.

As for Princess being a "Class A" cruise I can hardly agree with that statement. We loved the fresh water adult pool, the 10 day itinerary, slightly classier decor...but everything else lacked...BIG TIME! Food was really very unipressive, fellow passengers were snobby (not everyone but most of them) Entertainment was a joke, we walked out on the only two shows we went to. Staff was ok but not exceptional.

Our first cruise experience ever was on RCI and was terrible we and have never gone back and probably never will.

I hate to hear that anyone had a terrible time on their cruise...I understand though, it happens.

I hate to hear that the ship is in disrepair and I hope they do her justice and fix those things up...I've never been in an elevator on a ship so I don't know if there has ever been grafiti on the walls...too bad they didn't catch the little creeps who did it at the time and make them PAY!

I loved the Spirit class ship and have compared every other cruise ship to her ever since...Looking into the Legend for next March.

Archived