Carnival Inspiration 8-5-10 REVIEW & PICTURES! Western Caribbean to Cozumel!

So far, he is doing okay with the pills... he has gained some weight back and appears to be improving.

Glad to hear Cowboy is ok. I would have been a mess with worry if it had been one of my "furry babies" sick while I was away. Really glad there was a good outcome. Also, thanks for the review. I am leaving to head to FL for a pre-cruise visit before sailing on the Inspiration on Monday!

Thanks for your review of the Inspiration CruiseVacationQueen. I thoroughly enjoyed this review as much as your Carnival Destiny pictorial.

I have seen the Carnival Inspiration twice while we were cruising on other ships. Perhaps one day we might take her out for a spin.

In the meantime, I am looking at the Miracle itinerary that you will be taking next spring. When we will go, I don't know. Is that Miracle itinerary the one that goes to St. Lucia, or the one that goes to Aruba and Curacao? I am looking at the Aruba itinerary.

You are so fortunate to be able to live near several cruise ports. For us, flying is an option, but from Toronto the flights cost as much as the cruise. It is cheaper for us to fly from Buffalo though. Our other option is to drive to Florida.

Anyhow, I just wanted to express my appreciation for the time you take to write your pictorials. They are so well written that I feel like I came along for the ride. Looking forward to your review of the Miracle next year!

Thanks for your review of the Inspiration CruiseVacationQueen. I thoroughly enjoyed this review as much as your Carnival Destiny pictorial.

I have seen the Carnival Inspiration twice while we were cruising on other ships. Perhaps one day we might take her out for a spin.

In the meantime, I am looking at the Miracle itinerary that you will be taking next spring. When we will go, I don't know. Is that Miracle itinerary the one that goes to St. Lucia, or the one that goes to Aruba and Curacao? I am looking at the Aruba itinerary.

You are so fortunate to be able to live near several cruise ports. For us, flying is an option, but from Toronto the flights cost as much as the cruise. It is cheaper for us to fly from Buffalo though. Our other option is to drive to Florida.

Anyhow, I just wanted to express my appreciation for the time you take to write your pictorials. They are so well written that I feel like I came along for the ride. Looking forward to your review of the Miracle next year!

You are very welcome... and thanks for your kind comments! We're on the Aruba and Curacao itinerary on the Miracle. We've never been to Dominican Republic and we are really looking forward to visiting the other ports again! Our sailing has two large group with cabins still available... why don't you check them out? :D Happy sailing!

Hi! Thank you!!! Nachi Cocum is not available for booking through Carnival. Book direct with Island Marketing LLC at: www(dot)cozumelcruiseexcursions(dot) com/CozumelBeachBreak(dot)htm. You pay a small deposit up front and the balance at check-in. They offer refunds if the ship doesn't make port.

If you Google Nachi Cocum, you can see lots of reviews, photos and YouTube videos. It's a great place! A short 15-20 minute ride from the Puerta Maya & Downtown piers. Price for 4 people in a taxi: $15 from PM pier and $16 from DT pier. (We tip an additional $5, btw!)

Hi! Thank you!!! Nachi Cocum is not available for booking through Carnival. Book direct with Island Marketing LLC at: www(dot)cozumelcruiseexcursions(dot) com/CozumelBeachBreak(dot)htm. You pay a small deposit up front and the balance at check-in. They offer refunds if the ship doesn't make port.

If you Google Nachi Cocum, you can see lots of reviews, photos and YouTube videos. It's a great place! A short 15-20 minute ride from the Puerta Maya & Downtown piers. Price for 4 people in a taxi: $15 from PM pier and $16 from DT pier. (We tip an additional $5, btw!)

thanks so much... how was the snorkeling there ??

thanks so much... how was the snorkeling there ??

Great, even right from shore! There are several large submerged rocks and large grassy areas right in front of the guest palapas. We saw hundreds of colorful fish... and never ventured deeper than 8 feet of water! NC also offers a glass-bottom boat snorkel excursion (for about $30) that takes you to the famous reef located just offshore!

Thanks for the pix and review. How did your son like Circle C? One of my grandsons will be in that group in January.

Thanks

Dawnrae

Hi! He really enjoyed the club... thanks to the the counselor, Kodi. She was really energetic and scheduled lots of fun activities (like scavenger hunts) instead of just plopping them down in front of the video/computer consoles. On a previous cruise we took, the counselor played the "Dance Revolution" Wii game... over AND over (not very fun for most pre-teen boys)! Kodi was awesome and the club was well-attended by both girls AND boys!

Happy sailing!

Thank you so much for the great review and pictures CruiseVacationQueen! A friend and I are on the 9/11 sailing. I've only been on one other cruise on the Celebration. My DH and I loved it! This time I'm leaving DH home and going with a friend Have read some terrible reviews about the Inspiration and have been so worried. This will be my friend's first cruise so I wanted it be on a good ship and lots of fun. Thanks for easing my worries! Oh, is there a speciality coffee shop on the Inspiration? Thanks again!

Thank you so much for the great review and pictures CruiseVacationQueen! A friend and I are on the 9/11 sailing. I've only been on one other cruise on the Celebration. My DH and I loved it! This time I'm leaving DH home and going with a friend Have read some terrible reviews about the Inspiration and have been so worried. This will be my friend's first cruise so I wanted it be on a good ship and lots of fun. Thanks for easing my worries! Oh, is there a speciality coffee shop on the Inspiration? Thanks again!

Hi! Glad to ease your worries... Inspiration is a great ship! I am confident you will both have a great time! Yes, there is a speciality coffee shop! Prices range from $3 and up and they have a pretty good selection, IMHO! Also remember that cappuccini is FREE in the dining room! And the American coffee served in the MDR is very good, too! Enjoy!

I was wondering about the drinks. You said on the Destiny review (very good I might add) that you could pack soda and water? But you also wrote that they caught you with wine (which you could take only one person). Can you pack soda and water? This will be my 2nd cruise and I went on HAL and I would like to travel on carnival but I am a major pepsi-cholic and pretty cheap in the way of drinks.

Thanks for your reply

Thanks for sharing. Was looking at The Inspiration & The Legend for Dec. 2011. Already been on The Legend & not The Inspiration. You review has pretty much nudged me in it's direction. I love The Fantasy Class ships.

Glad Cowboy is doing better. I have 6 cats so I can totally relate!!!

I was wondering about the drinks. You said on the Destiny review (very good I might add) that you could pack soda and water? But you also wrote that they caught you with wine (which you could take only one person). Can you pack soda and water? This will be my 2nd cruise and I went on HAL and I would like to travel on carnival but I am a major pepsi-cholic and pretty cheap in the way of drinks.

Thanks for your reply

Hi! Carnival allows you to bring a "reasonable amount" of non-alcoholic drinks (plus the one 750 ml bottle of wine, per adult). We always bring bottled water (I am VERY sensitive to salt and cannot tolerate the ship's water), for use in the cabin and when going on-shore. We usually purchase the Unlimited Soda card for our son (fyi ~ Room Service does not honor the card) & we sometimes bring a small amount of soda to enjoy in the cabin.

We carry on all our luggage, so we buy 6-packs or 12-packs that can be spread across our 4 rolling duffel bags. The water & soda can get very heavy, so plan ahead when packing! Happy sailing!

Thanks for sharing. Was looking at The Inspiration & The Legend for Dec. 2011. Already been on The Legend & not The Inspiration. You review has pretty much nudged me in it's direction. I love The Fantasy Class ships.

Glad Cowboy is doing better. I have 6 cats so I can totally relate!!!

Hi! We feel the same way about the Fantasy Class ships. Sailing on the Inspiration felt like "going home" and brought back many fond memories of our earlier cruises! We would also like to try the Legend someday. Happy sailing!

BTW ~ Cowboy gets the I-131 (radioactive iodine) shot on Tuesday. Our other 2 kitties must have been jealous about all the attention... one came down with a cough and the other a swollen lip! Now we have 3 kitties on meds! Ready for them to ALL feel better! :)

• 1 month later...
Thanks for posting your review. I had never even heard of a harbor pilot and had to google it. I will be on the Destiny in 4 months and think I might check out your long review of her as well.

Hi, gapearl!

You are welcome... and thanks for reading! I hope you get a chance to catch one the Harbor Pilots in action... all US ports have them as well as most of the Caribbean ports-of-call. It's really neat to see those little boats pull up beside the huge ships and see brave pilots jump on and off the ship!

Enjoy your Destiny cruise! She is a great ship!

Archived