Adventure Ocean Question

sarahksmom

Hi,

We are heading out on the Enchantment of the Sea 9/4 to Bermuda. My 8 year old daughter is joining us on her first cruise. My question is if she does Adventure Ocean and wants to leave, I know she cannot sign herself out (and I do not want her to)...But is there a way for them to contact us? How do other people handle this? I have looked everywhere but have not been able to get a answer.

Thanks!

There is not anyway for her to get in touch with you unless they give you an onboard phone. They usually only give those to parents of the youngest kids but they might give you one if the ship isn't very crowded.

When we cruised a few months ago with my nine year old I just went every few hours and checked on her--not perfect but it seemed to work OK.

We brought walkies and we had one in the Adventure Ocean room with the kids. The eldest was in charge of the communication for each age group. (we have 7 kids). They kept the walkie turned off, and only turned it on if they needed us. That way if something came up - they could get in touch with us. Also big sister (15) was nearby in the teen center and could come to the rescue in a pinch. They also came in handy when we split up to different activities and then had to meet up again. Hubby might take a couple kids to mini-golf while I went ice skating with others.

Archived