Will this power strip work?

Went to radio shack to buy a power strip. They all looked so big, that when I saw a small one I grabbed it. Got home and unpacked it and instead of a long wire to plug into the regular outlet, it's just a plug back, kind of like a room deordorizer you plug in. Will this work or do I have to get a different one? help???????????? Oh sorry: Serenade of the Seas.

If you need the powerstrip to use your own hair dryer on the Serenade - don't. I put my hair dryer on - the one on the ship not too powerful - and I blew a circuit - not only in my cabin but a few other cabins as well. When I called down to Maintenance, they asked "did you use your own hair dryer - please use the ship's hair dryer". I guess you could use the powerstrip if you need it for other appliances - curling irons, shavers, etc.

I can´t answer you question for sure but I used one of those you described on my last cruise. It worked but it was tough. I´m not sure how to describe it. It depends on how big the plug is. The socket is sometimes very close to the wall or the tbale in the vanity area. So depending on how big the plug you bought is you might be not able to plug it in because there is not enough room for it. When I tried to use it I had to twist it a little bit to get it into the socket. It worked but it was close. I hope this makes sence to you.

I prefer to use a 6-8 ft. extension cord with the extra outlets (cost around $1.00). This way when two are getting ready, one can be in the bathroom while the other uses the desk/vanity area. We have had straighteners and a hair dryer plugged in at the same time, and have never had any problems.

Marysunshine.. I would return and get one with a longer cord. You can find a cheaper one at Walmart. They come in different sizes. I use the 6 outlet ones because they are smaller and easier to pack. I don't know about Peggy's experience unless the Hairdryer was plugged into an old power strip who's breaker is faulty. Most powerstrips with a surge protector on it should handle the overload.

Archived