Best hotel near Miami airport?

Luvcrusin'

A couple of years ago my mother and I stayed at the Summerfield Suites Miami Airport. Very nice shuttle-van driver, lovely big 2-room suite, and very nice public areas. A big buffet breakfast is also included in the price. Definitely recommend it!

Haven't stayed there yet, but have the Embassy Suites Miami Airport booked precruise. Free shuttle to the airport. Managers reception at night. Hot breakfast in the am.

I've never had a problem with other ES's so I am looking forward to this stay.

~lurker

My husband and son stayed at the Embassy Suites in December. They said: the room was huge, clean and nicely decorated (I had to ask of course), the breakfast was good, and it was convenient to places in Miami. We paid $45/night through Priceline so it was definitely worth it!

A couple of years ago my mother and I stayed at the Summerfield Suites Miami Airport. Very nice shuttle-van driver, lovely big 2-room suite, and very nice public areas. A big buffet breakfast is also included in the price. Definitely recommend it!

I absolutely/definitely recommend Summerfield Suites also! If you book here, make sure to sign up for the Wyndham By Request program beforehand if you're not already a member (perks like a bottle of wine and cookies await your arrival!) .

Currently this hotel is rated # 5 in TripAdvisor reviews for all hotels in Miami!

The staff was very professional, warm, and helpful. The breakfast was bountiful. The rooms are well appointed. We stayed in March 2003 for 2 nights starting on a Saturday -- was $104 a night through the Wyndham website -- for a BIG full 2 Bedroom 2 Bath Suite with a large combination Living Room with kitchen area in between the bedroom suites.

Embassy Suites is a 3*. We got it twice for post cruises on priceline and hotwire for $48-$61. Excellent buy! Very convenient to the airport, great managers reception with free booze and wonderful breakfast. Try priceline for 3* or check out hotwire. Was running for $61 on hotwire in Jan.

I've looked at the Springfield Suites website and it looks like a great hotel.

I've been told that the airport area is not a good area to be in. Does anyone know anything else about this area?

Or does anyone recommend another hotel (with the same configuration: 2 bedooms) in a better area.

Thanks, Paula

We've just booked our 2nd cruise. Jan 14, 2004 on the Navigator.

I've looked at the Springfield Suites website and it looks like a great hotel.

I've been told that the airport area is not a good area to be in. Does anyone know anything else about this area?

Or does anyone recommend another hotel (with the same configuration: 2 bedooms) in a better area.

Thanks, Paula

We've just booked our 2nd cruise. Jan 14, 2004 on the Navigator.

Sorry I meant Summerfield

Hi snwbnnyinoz,

As I remember, Summerfield was not in a bad area at all!!!! -- more like a corporate business park area. I didn't wander outside the grounds on foot, but I did drive around. As far as the guests were concerned, some of the guests were international flight crew members, including pilots -- and the other guests seemed to be mostly business/corporate travelers.

Oh -- yeah if you mean "better area" with things to do and tourist attractions within walking distance -- yes there's nothing nearby; you'd probably need to cab or get back on the shuttle to the airport or rent a car.

Thanks for clarifying that Summerfield is in a good area.

Seems like a great place to stay as it will me 2 couples going and we can share the room cost.

I see you are going on the Navigator a 2nd time. I assume that you liked the first cruise. We are going next January.

THanks again

Thanks for clarifying that Summerfield is in a good area.

Seems like a great place to stay as it will me 2 couples going and we can share the room cost.

I see you are going on the Navigator a 2nd time. I assume that you liked the first cruise. We are going next January.

THanks again

You're welcome.

I assume that you liked the first cruise.

How could you tell? :D

Loved the cruise; loved the Navigator! So far at least 1/3 of our April M&M roll call are from Ontario -- at least five from Markham.

You'll have a blast.

Archived