soda fountain packages

illi

I agree that the savings would be great but then that means that you will always have to go back to your room every time you want a soda...right? You would not bring a can of soda into the MDR at dinner time so you can not enjoy the soda with your meal...right? I would think buying the soda package would be worth the price just for the convenience. If you have an easy way to use the soda you bring with you, let me know cause I would love to save some money. :)

Loralie

Loralie,

I don't take soda with me to dinner 'cause I drink iced tea. But I do take an insulated travel mug (got that idea from all the tips on the boards here) with me on the cruises. It makes it so much nicer if you want to walk around with a cup of coffee or something cold instead of carrying a coffee cup or even a glass with no lid. I have taken soda (from my cabin) or lemonade (from the lido deck) in my travel mug to shows. (They sell sodas there, so they are allowed in the theater.) So I don't see why you couldn't take it to dinner if you wanted. Yes, you would have to go to your cabin to get it, but that's never been a big deal to me. Of course, I don't drink more than one or two cans of soda a day. And I normally tend to go back and forth to the cabin between events anyway. If you drink a lot of soda, then it would probably be more convenient to only have to go to a bar. For us, we don't drink enough to make it worth the cost of a card. It all comes down to cost versus convenience and each person is different. HTH.

Ours is not that we don't want to have the soda package. We will buy a package but we also like to have the sodas in our cabin. Just wish we could bring a 12 pack for the room and we would also buy the soda card for when we are not in the cabin or at dinner. The travel mug is a good idea as it would keep your drink colder longer!!

The youth card is only 28.00 for a 7 day cruise so we will be buying that for our son who is 15. I will bring the travel mug as I like ice tea, and my DH will have the bar tab. And he only wnats the drink of the day so he can have a set of glasses. Can you buy just the glasses or do you have to buy the drink as well?

Loralie,

I don't take soda with me to dinner 'cause I drink iced tea. But I do take an insulated travel mug (got that idea from all the tips on the boards here) with me on the cruises. It makes it so much nicer if you want to walk around with a cup of coffee or something cold instead of carrying a coffee cup or even a glass with no lid. I have taken soda (from my cabin) or lemonade (from the lido deck) in my travel mug to shows. (They sell sodas there, so they are allowed in the theater.) So I don't see why you couldn't take it to dinner if you wanted. Yes, you would have to go to your cabin to get it, but that's never been a big deal to me. Of course, I don't drink more than one or two cans of soda a day. And I normally tend to go back and forth to the cabin between events anyway. If you drink a lot of soda, then it would probably be more convenient to only have to go to a bar. For us, we don't drink enough to make it worth the cost of a card. It all comes down to cost versus convenience and each person is different. HTH.

You do make some good points. I forgot how many times you have to go back to your room to change clothes before dinner and after the pool...etc. I know my DH would love to have some soda in the room so we may take some to leave in the room but still get the card for the kids. Thanks for the tip on the travel mug. Sounds like it would work really well. :)

We got the soda card for our kids on our last cruise and they loved it. My younger son (9) got the biggest kick out of being able to walk up to a bar and order a drink! He felt so grown up and I never had to worry about how much money was being spent on drinks because the card covered everything.

Archived