On carnival web site say 1 bottle alcohol..SMUGGLING NOT

manderson110

All alcohol/hard liquor/beer (sealed, unopened bottles/cans), wine/champagne over the allowable 1-bottle per guest (sealed, unopened bottles) or excessive quantities of non-alcoholic beverages (over 12 per person, sealed, unopened bottles/cans) will be confiscated and stored for safekeeping until the end of the voyage. The retained item(s) will be delivered to the guest’s stateroom on the last night of the cruise. Unsealed liquids that are prohibited will be discarded, as well as any unclaimed items left after the voyage, and no compensation will be given in either ca

The commas aren't there to be pretty. "wine/champagne over the allowable 1-bottle per guest (sealed, unopened bottles)" is a single statement.

On there web site on botton of home page it say faq then go to life on board an it done about half way it under the whole thing about wine cork fe it the need ? About life on board

Huh? Have another one.:p

On carnival web it still say that you can bring 1 bottle of alcohol.. So it is thing smuggling.. NOT TO ME

The FAQ section clearly dictates that alcohol is forbidden to bring aboard, with the only exception being one bottle of wine per passenger over the age of 21.

Yes there is one about wine an then there is one about alcohol it say about 1 bootle per person

If this is actually serious.....

You're misreading everything. You can bring 1 bottle wine/champagne per age 21+ cruiser onboard at embarkation port in your carry-on. All else - opened containers will be tossed, unopene3d will be returned at end of cruise.

Below is the cruise contract, which supercedes all the other write-ups:

"(f) Except as noted below, Guests are prohibited from bringing alcohol on Carnival’s vessels for on board consumption. However, at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day only, guests 21 years and older may bring one bottle of wine or champagne per person on board only in their carry on luggage. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should guests wish to consume this wine/champagne in the dining room, or a $14 corkage fee per bottle if consumed in the steakhouse. All alcohol, additional quantities of wine/champagne and excessive non-alcoholic beverages will be confiscated and discarded without compensation. Alcoholic beverages purchased in the vessel’s gift shops or at a port of call will be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage."

ken

No...read the sentance correctly...

"All alcohol/hard liquor/beer (sealed, unopened bottles/cans), wine/champagne over the allowable 1-bottle per guest (sealed, unopened bottles) or excessive quantities of non-alcoholic beverages (over 12 per person, sealed, unopened bottles/cans) will be confiscated and stored for safekeeping until the end of the voyage. "

It says any hard alcohol will be confiscated AND wine over the allowed limit will be confiscated. It is a poorly written statement, but clearly does not say you can bring hard alcohol.

Jen

I can see were the OP is going with this :cool: In all actuality this clause does read that anything over the limit of 1 bottle per guest of alcohol, hard liquor, beer, wine or champagne will be confiscated. That said, put it with the rest of the clause, if clearly states it's wine only

All alcohol/hard liquor/beer (sealed, unopened bottles/cans), wine/champagne over the allowable 1-bottle per guest (sealed, unopened bottles) or excessive quantities of non-alcoholic beverages (over 12 per person, sealed, unopened bottles/cans) will be confiscated and stored for safekeeping until the end of the voyage. The retained item(s) will be delivered to the guest’s stateroom on the last night of the cruise. Unsealed liquids that are prohibited will be discarded, as well as any unclaimed items left after the voyage, and no compensation will be given in either case.

The whole story....................

Liquor and Beverage Policy

Bringing Alcohol On Board - Embarkation Day:

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board. However, at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring on board one bottle (750ml) of wine or champagne, per person, only in their carry-on luggage. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the main dining room; $14 corkage fee per bottle in the steakhouse. (A corkage fee is a charge exacted at a restaurant for every bottle of liquor served that was not bought on the premises)

On embarkation day, guests may bring a small quantity (package of 12 per person) of non-alcoholic beverages onboard, only in their carry-on luggage.

All alcohol/hard liquor/beer (sealed, unopened bottles/cans), wine/champagne over the allowable 1-bottle per guest (sealed, unopened bottles) or excessive quantities of non-alcoholic beverages (over 12 per person, sealed, unopened bottles/cans) will be confiscated and stored for safekeeping until the end of the voyage. The retained item(s) will be delivered to the guest’s stateroom on the last night of the cruise. Unsealed liquids that are prohibited will be discarded, as well as any unclaimed items left after the voyage, and no compensation will be given in either case.

Here is the part you missed.

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board. However, at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring on board one bottle (750ml) of wine or champagne, per person, only in their carry-on luggage. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the main dining room; $14 corkage fee per bottle in the steakhouse. (A corkage fee is a charge exacted at a restaurant for every bottle of liquor served that was not bought on the premises)

I think what they are seeing is the definition for the corkage fee and since it says "(A corkage fee is a charge exacted at a restaurant for every bottle of liquor served that was not bought on the premises)" they think it negates the rest of the rules.

On carnival web it still say that you can bring 1 bottle of alcohol.. So it is thing smuggling.. NOT TO ME

one bottle of wine is not the same as one bottle of alcohol.

Is English your native language?

Is English your native language?

I believe this is the issue and the answer is probably, no. English is a very difficult language to master and when you start throwing in complications like commas, well, kiss the understanding goodbye.

read it again and carefully ... that's what will be taken away from you.

All alcohol/hard liquor/beer (sealed, unopened bottles/cans), wine/champagne over the allowable 1-bottle per guest (sealed, unopened bottles) or excessive quantities of non-alcoholic beverages (over 12 per person, sealed, unopened bottles/cans) will be confiscated and stored for safekeeping until the end of the voyage. The retained item(s) will be delivered to the guest’s stateroom on the last night of the cruise. Unsealed liquids that are prohibited will be discarded, as well as any unclaimed items left after the voyage, and no compensation will be given in either ca

I keep reading the subject line in Yoda's voice, maybe the DH & DS's Star Wars marathon this weekend is getting to me :D

LOL That comment actually made me laugh out loud.

I take it that English is not the OPs primary language.

You snorting made me snort

LOL! Glad I could spread the snorting.

I keep reading the subject line in Yoda's voice, maybe the DH & DS's Star Wars marathon this weekend is getting to me :D

Ok, that's funny stuff right there!

more like Cookie Monster...NOT to meeeeeeeeeeeeeee

OH, me love the cookie monster!

You guys are cracking me up! :D

Here is the part you missed.

I understand what it's saying...but that doesn't keep it from being a poorly written statement.

Archived