Montezumas revenge

kjh1028

Short answer, yes. Either order on the rocks and drink really fast before the ice melts :) Or just stick to drinks that come in a can or bottle. They all tell you they use 'purified water'. I would only believe that from the larger chain restaurants.

I have been going to Cozumel for over 40 years and never had any problems with eating or drinking anything there. Eat, drink, get drunk, fall down and have a great time.

Ditto!

The Yucatan (including Cozumel) geologic structure is limestone which effectively filters the water.

Mexico city, however, is a whole nuther issue. Montezuma attacked me while on the flight home.:eek:

I've had it... :(

NOT FUN...

But it was my own fault, we stayed at a condo that year and I got up in the middle of the night thirsty and drank from the faucet instead of the water bottle supplied. BIG MISTAKE!

I've been back 4 times with no problems and I always eat at big restaurants and local restaurants with no problems... :D

Archived