9 night Explorer..what night do u fill a bag of laundry?

nyc1967

Going on the 9 night Explorer - i've heard u can fill a bag of laundry and pay to have it done. wondering what day this is done - day 4 or 5? and also how much is it to have the laundry done?

thanx.

You can send laundry to be cleaned anytime. I think you may be asking about what day there may be a special on the laundry in terms of pricing.

I see you are a frist time cruiser, is that correct? If so then you will not get the coupon booklet many of us talk about. This booklet is given out to those that have cruised before.

Watch the Daily Compass, it has lots of information and they do sometimes have a special for everyone on the ship.

I hope you have a great first family vacation. But watch out, you may all become addicted cruisers. :)

Annieeee

Yes, 1st time cruiser. I was referring to the special fill a bag that i heard mentioned on the boards - i guess u could pack a bit less.

So it will probably be $25.00 to fill the bag and is it back the same day or a couple of days later?

You can send laundry to be cleaned anytime. I think you may be asking about what day there may be a special on the laundry in terms of pricing.

I see you are a frist time cruiser, is that correct? If so then you will not get the coupon booklet many of us talk about. This booklet is given out to those that have cruised before.

Watch the Daily Compass, it has lots of information and they do sometimes have a special for everyone on the ship.

I hope you have a great first family vacation. But watch out, you may all become addicted cruisers. :)

Annieeee

nyc1967, It is picked up at night, dinner time and returned the following evening OR early in the day on the next day.

Make sure the "other" laundry bag, white-heavier plastic with handles is nowhere near the laundry bag. Our kids cabin steward took both even though one was UNMARKED. He said he knew he shouldnt have after he did. Some of the kids laundry was never to be found.

Although you were asking about the bag to fill, since another poster mentioned other laundry options, yes you can send laundry out at any time. Actually, sometimes some of DH's cruise shirts, blazers or dinner jackets need to be dry cleaned, we pack them and first thing give them toour cabin steward to be dry cleaned when we board. Fresh, no wrinkles and ready! I have randomly sent other items to be washed, like capris. Prices are well within reason per item. I have the list somewhere, if I can find it I will post it for you.

Also, go to the Loyalty Ambassador, I think on Deck 6. Join the Crown and Anchor club (no fee to join), and ASK if you can have a platinum coupon book. I dont know if the coupon is in the platinum book, but it might be. Otherwise folks are always selling them on ebay.

Thanks for all the info.

nyc1967, It is picked up at night, dinner time and returned the following evening OR early in the day on the next day.

Make sure the "other" laundry bag, white-heavier plastic with handles is nowhere near the laundry bag. Our kids cabin steward took both even though one was UNMARKED. He said he knew he shouldnt have after he did. Some of the kids laundry was never to be found.

Although you were asking about the bag to fill, since another poster mentioned other laundry options, yes you can send laundry out at any time. Actually, sometimes some of DH's cruise shirts, blazers or dinner jackets need to be dry cleaned, we pack them and first thing give them toour cabin steward to be dry cleaned when we board. Fresh, no wrinkles and ready! I have randomly sent other items to be washed, like capris. Prices are well within reason per item. I have the list somewhere, if I can find it I will post it for you.

Also, go to the Loyalty Ambassador, I think on Deck 6. Join the Crown and Anchor club (no fee to join), and ASK if you can have a platinum coupon book. I dont know if the coupon is in the platinum book, but it might be. Otherwise folks are always selling them on ebay.

WOW you took a photo of your bag of laundry, I would worry about seeing the rest of your photos :D

Day 6 on the 9 night sail. It is $25 a bag, but a coupon in the diamond coupon booklet takes $10 off. The laundry bag is for socks, underware, jammies, bathing suits.

P6290185.jpg

Archived