Summit 8/8 Bermuda review with pics ( I hope)

pitchersmom02

Was on the Summit in July. The casual dining at night is still not back. But there looked like enough food to eat (especially Pasta, Pizza, Indian, Sushi and Salad) with not going to the MDR, though we loved the MDR. Ate there every night. We did not try the anytime dining, but that seemed to be working if you went after 6:30pm. Formal night there looked like a wait.

On the first Sea Day they do a brunch from 10:30am to 1pm in the MDR. We were on the Summit to Bermuda May 30th, then New England July 18th. The buffet was better on the New England cruise.

Wish I was going back. Loved the Summit. Everyone from the crew to the fellow passengers were great. Loved the CC party. Do not have any plans for any future cruises. Have other commitments for next year. Will miss cruising.

Enjoy :)

Ellen

..one of our faorite things to do in the afternoons was Sushi Bar,,on the 10th deck there was sushi each day at 5..this was one of our meeting places.

the family eats sushi40627_1576277530632_1346426374_1512643_567727_n.jpg

When we were not having sushi we spent alot time in the indoor pool..you had to be 16+ to use it and the pool butlerreally did enforce that.

One afternoon they had complimentary spa treatments...its was wonderful

40627_1576277170623_1346426374_1512634_1350814_n.jpg

We we looking forward to our first Formal Night..as a family we very much enjoy the dining expereince and we love traditional dining...We had 2 large tables on the upper level near the window..the only issue we had was the temperature of the room..its went from slightly warm to uncomfortably hot . We voiced our concerns from day 1 and until the last day had no resolution. Had we not been such a large party we would have requested a table change...

45472_1537907298763_1567290038_1315604_1017082_n.jpg

the kids table.....

But other than that is was a very enjoyable experience. We had the classic beverage package and had bottles of Perriginno and Evian brought to our table each night,it was served to those without the package as well by the staff. We had 5 packages there were 9 of us at the table..

45472_1537907418766_1567290038_1315607_4879846_n.jpg

My brother and I enjoyed wine every night..and had a great time with our Sommelier...

He provided us with wine pairings and I think he did not worry about which wines were on the package if he thought we would enjoy them more ..he kept our glasses topped off...we never had to ask for a refill. My DH,sister and brother in law had 2-3 bottles of asti each night on the package, and they had bottles chilling at the table every night..

40218_582845815501_35001966_34127199_1716387_n.jpg

Fernando and I....having a little tast of wine...

As far as the food..we as a family are all very good cooks and have high standards for food quality..Most nights we were happy with the food, my mother did not seem to like the fish dishes she had...and my father who is kind of a pureist when it comes to food thought some of the selections would have been better if plainer..He did not enjoy all the extra sauces and toppings ,etc...

I on the other hand enjoyed all the food as did the majority of our group, there was always something to choose from they have an any day menu and the menu of the day between those we always found something.

You could pick from both if you wanted. I had the lobster bisque in both the Normandie and the MDR and did not really like it in either place..I did on the other hand really enjoy all the cold soups, esp the chilled pea and mint....The lamb was very good...we would order our own meals and than order and extra of something different to share...

The portions were just the right size, not too big which allowed for all courses to be consumed...

Archived