Noon Flight Home From SJU?????

martyap

The best flight to JFK I can find off the Millennium on March 28th is a 12:10 JetBlue connecting in FLL. Everything else is much higher in price ($139 at 12:10pm and $259 at 1:30pm).....the 28th is a Monday if that helps. Ship is scheduled to arrive at 6am and we have a concierge cabin (does that give us priority disembarkation:confused:)...........

Would that work for us if we got off the ship the earliest possible? Should we take our own bags off? First time on Millennium and first time out of SJU which I read could get a bit crowded.

Other option is a later Delta flight to JFK but we prefer JetBlue.

Really appreciate your expert advice.

Thanks,

Karen

Not sure how much this will help because I'm sure the airport differs day-to-day...

we flew out of san juan in march of 2009 post-cruise on a sunday and our flight was scheduled to leave at 12:10 also. It was originally supposed to leave at 1:30 but the airlines changed it after we booked, so we were nervous about this too. The cruise ships usually give you earlier disembarkation times if you have an earlier flight, we just had to show them that our flight was changed to 12:10pm and we received an earlier disembarkation number.

The airport was busy, but we got through security pretty quick. We had to go through a bag security/screening line BEFORE we were able to check in at our designated airline counter (we didn't know this, and waited in line at the airline counter only to find out we had to go through another line first).

But overall we ended up getting through on time, carrying our own luggage from the ship. We actually even had about an hour to sit around at the airport before our flight was scheduled to leave.

Hope you have similar luck! I know the airport at san juan can be hectic, and I would hate to have you book based on my experience and then have you miss your flight! The Carnival website does state though that you shouldn't have a flight out any earlier then 12pm. So 12:10 should be fine!

Enjoy your trip! We are going back in December and cannot wait!!:cool:

You will be able to make a 12:10 PM flight from San Juan.

Mondays are a lot less crowded in San Juan than Saturday or Sunday.

With Jet Blue, you can check your luggage right at the pier. It is $20 per person and you have to sign up on the ship.

Archived