NOT Anti-Kids, Alternatives, Etc...I am ANTI-This!!!

globe9

Hell hath no fury like a mother protecting her child. Btw PaulFran, do you have children? Because if you did, I think you might understand. I have two children, including an eight year old with cerebral palsy. I have watched him get knocked down by rude children and adults. We have also experienced the rudeness at elevators on cruiseships when trying to exit with his wheelchair and not being able to because of people crowding on. I used to be the "quiet, timid, live and let live type" but not anymore. If that had been my child that Tracyanns had knocked over, I would have thanked her for teaching him a lesson when I wasn't around to do it myself. Takes a village, right? Too many people think of "lawsuits" before anything. That's what's wrong with society.

Cheers to you TracyAnns!

(and I'm NOT agreeing with you just because we're sailing on the same ship in 3 days and I'm scared you might trip me in the hallway) :D

Personally, I would have then talked with my child about their rudeness and made them apologize for knocking someone else down. There is no excuse for me not teaching my child manners and how to behave when in public. That is the job I signed up for when I decided to have kids.

BTW...I am not worried about you tripping me up in the hallway in 2 days...lol.

PS...if you see my children misbehaving in any way, please feel free to trip them up and let me know...I'll handle it from my end...none of this boys will be boys stuff.

Personally, I would have then talked with my child about their rudeness and made them apologize for knocking someone else down. There is no excuse for me not teaching my child manners and how to behave when in public. That is the job I signed up for when I decided to have kids.

BTW...I am not worried about you tripping me up in the hallway in 2 days...lol.

PS...if you see my children misbehaving in any way, please feel free to trip them up and let me know...I'll handle it from my end...none of this boys will be boys stuff.

LOL. Good one. :rolleyes:

%^$# ! My kids are sailing on the Carnival Legend on Sunday and I totally forgot to tell them to pack their under-age-Somalian-pirate-protection-gear! :rolleyes:

Thanks for proving the sublime to ridiculous statement, tho. :p

(Next time, please quote me in context. Thanks. :)).

Ohhhh... Fried shrimp is talking about a Halloween cruise. I get it. :D

Oh come on, I wear pasties...everything that needs to be covered is...:eek:

(I am just kidding)

Lol...Tracy you are too funny...I can tell we will def have fun on this cruise. I agree...as long as what's covered is covered...who cares?:D

Hello fellow Whale Tail Club Members.

I thought the logo was looking a little shabby and not worthy of our high standards so I cleaned it up a little bit.

I also added a logo for the Balcony Division. Because I know most of us like to go barefoot on our balconies. ;)

I guess I'm just trying to figure out why YOU said u weren't going scoot over to let them pass but you expect them to and then admit to hitting/jabbing the

??that is extremely rude! Same with the snide comments

Maybe because she has a right to half of the walkway, just like passenger #1? Why should she hug up against the wall so two people can walk abreast?

That's crazy.

This is a problem that happens everywhere.

This morning I am at a Lg Med Center in Houston and when one of the clinics opened at 6:45 the people waiting just about ran each other over to be the 1st to check in.. It amazed me that they are so sick and have set appointment times yet felt the need to rush to be 1st?

I guess we have just grown to be an impatient society:confused:

Does it mean the difference between waiting 15 minutes to see the doctor or an hour?

I am totally NOT easily offended, but I am not going to turn sideways and walk against the wall or stop completely just so there is room for those people to go by. I do not go out of my way to find rudeness either, unless you call walking down the hallway to my cabin "looking for it".

I'm glad your oblivious to it. I wish I could be, but trying to get off an elevator while 4 or 5 grown adults push their way on really irritates me. Glad it doesn't bother you.

I have a real problem with people in general not looking in the same direction they are walking. When they hog the hallways walking 2-3 abreast, I just stop, put my arm up so they don't run into me and say loudly, "look in the direction you are walking!" If they give me a dirty look I will be happy to remind them that hallways are two-way streets.

And by "putting your elbow out a bit" you're keeping the circle of rudeness going round and round.

Or protecting their "personal space" from being rudely invaded?

Are people free to bounce you around, and your pregnant belly? Are you willing to stand there and allow them to walk all over you?

At some point you have to protect yourself from people walking blindly down the hall since they don't care whether or not you have any space at all.

But you can give it up if you want to.

I don't like to be run into, stepped on, expected to defer to rude people.

On every ship ive been on from the biggest to the smallest, ive never used the elevators. I can take the stairs faster. Im not saying im "sprinting" up and down the stairs. But I can get places faster using them. When I get to old or have medical issuses to where I need to use the elevator, I will stop going on cruses..LOL.

Easy to say (but not spell) when you are able to sprint up and down the stairs. So when you cannot do that anymore you are going to lock yourself in your house? That's asking for it.

Personally, I can go up or down one flight of stairs and walk ten miles flat ground but I won't stop cruising over it.

I wish you good health and hope you can always sprint. Be thoughtful of those who would like to but cannot.

born and raised in the south (GA) myself and i agree that's just how things are done. has nothing to do with equality. my husband does all of these things for me. just the same if you are following us in somewhere, he would be polite and hold the door for you as well. moving to florida was quite a change for me.

FLORIDA. The Publix in question was in Florida, too.

I was raised in the South and if I am on a bus I expect nicely mannered men to offer their seats to ladies. Likewise, being a healthy, 60+ woman from the South, I will thank him profusely and graciously refuse. Just like I, too, will offer my seat to anyone who seems to need it more than I do.

There is plenty of cruise info on here. Move along now. Nothing to see here.

This is not the thread you're looking for.

On the Cruise Critic main site-Yes

On the Cruise Critic boards-not so much and not always right.

Now back to the rants.:D

Easy to say (but not spell) when you are able to sprint up and down the stairs. So when you cannot do that anymore you are going to lock yourself in your house? That's asking for it.

Personally, I can go up or down one flight of stairs and walk ten miles flat ground but I won't stop cruising over it.

I wish you good health and hope you can always sprint. Be thoughtful of those who would like to but cannot.

Geez...a few people have bashed poor ol' david30101. The way I interpreted his post, he was just trying to be funny and lighten the mood. People get so dead serious on here....lighten up!:)

FLORIDA. The Publix in question was in Florida, too.

I was raised in the South and if I am on a bus I expect nicely mannered men to offer their seats to ladies. Likewise, being a healthy, 60+ woman from the South, I will thank him profusely and graciously refuse. Just like I, too, will offer my seat to anyone who seems to need it more than I do.

same here. i was just taught to be considerate of others and to generally respect my elders and those who were more in need. although it's extremely difficult sometimes, i do try to "kill them with kindess". just the way my mama raised me yall.;)

Never got the "respect elders" thing either.

Experience has shown there are just as many dopey elders as any other group of people, and although experience may make one wiser, I have never told my children to respect ANY elder just because they were an elder.

Never got the "respect elders" thing either.

Experience has shown there are just as many dopey elders as any other group of people, and although experience may make one wiser, I have never told my children to respect ANY elder just because they were an elder.

respect has nothing to do with level of intelligence. we should all treat each other with some level of respect. i was just raised to not talk back, mouth off or disrespect my elders. it was impolite for a child to behave that way. as i grew up i learned how to properly interact with people without disrespecting them, even if they were as dumb as a box of rocks.:D

Not sure why intellegence is being brought into the mix, but why an elder demands MORE respect than anyone else just doesn't hold water in my discipline rulebook.

in your previous post you referred to dopey elders. i assumed you were speaking in terms of intelligence. respect wasn't demanded, it was how i was taught. and everyone deserves respect. as an adult, i am not going to allow a child to disrespect me.

Not sure why intellegence is being brought into the mix, but why an elder demands MORE respect than anyone else just doesn't hold water in my discipline rulebook.

Exactly

And why do we accept bad behavior more readily from an elder .

A teen pushes in line and is rude , their brats, their parents did a lousy job raiseing them.

A middle aged guy pushes in line as is rude , he is an a hole and will probably get a punch in the nose.

A elderly person pushes in line and is rude . Oh maybe they are ill, or didn't take their meds, maybe they recently lost their spouse and aren't thinking right.

What the older we get the more acceptable our bad behavior gets ?

Exactly

And why do we accept bad behavior more readily from an elder .

A teen pushes in line and is rude , their brats, their parents did a lousy job raiseing them.

A middle aged guy pushes in line as is rude , he is an a hole and will probably get a punch in the nose.

A elderly person pushes in line and is rude . Oh maybe they are ill, or didn't take their meds, maybe they recently lost their spouse and aren't thinking right.

What the older we get the more acceptable our bad behavior gets ?

he referred to dopey elders. and everything you said is unacceptable. i am speaking generally. when i casually meet someone or in the general public, i try to treat them with respect. if the things you said were to happen then it would be different.

he referred to dopey elders. and everything you said is unacceptable. i am speaking generally. when i casually meet someone or in the general public, i try to treat them with respect. if the things you said were to happen then it would be different.

Oh I agree . I am courteous and respectful to everyone . Until they give me reason not to be.

Actually I just had a baby 4 months ago....and from the time I had my older two children (16 and 18 years ago) a lot has changed. People were very discourteous to me as a pregnant woman. I would have never asked for preferential treatment but I had quite a few people run into me and not be kind during my pregnancy. I really don't get it. I might have made a comment or two but I never jabbed anyone back.

Or protecting their "personal space" from being rudely invaded?

Are people free to bounce you around, and your pregnant belly? Are you willing to stand there and allow them to walk all over you?

At some point you have to protect yourself from people walking blindly down the hall since they don't care whether or not you have any space at all.

But you can give it up if you want to.

I don't like to be run into, stepped on, expected to defer to rude people.

I don't give elderly people who are total jerks a pass just because they're old. But I'm more tolerant of older people sometimes because I know they grew up in a different era. For ex. if they use an offensive term I take that into consideration and realize they aren't necessarily intending to be rude or crude. But I try and do that with people regardless of age so I agree with you. As far as the seat thing, even as a girl, I do give up my seat to an older person. It's just a custom I was raised with.

Archived