Shopping Hours

steveandjulie

Well, my wife's desire to go shopping is increasing with each passing day... She really enjoys shopping at the various ports. My question is:

What are the hours of the stores in the various shopping areas in Cozumel?

We will be there on Thursday March 3, 2005 from 7:00am until 11:00pm. We are diving with Eagle Ray Divers from 10:00am to 2:00pm. Any shopping to be had before we dive? What about after?

Thanks in advance for the information.

Steve

We were in Cozumel on Splendour of the Seas on 2/10. We did a little shopping in town in the morning and planned to do more in the evening near International Pier where we were docked. I would NOT recommend that! We got off the ship after dinner at around 7:30 and walked to the shopping area. Many of the shops were still open. The vendors were very pushy, and if they got us in their shop, they would close the doors to try to keep us there. Very uncomfortable! We went back to the ship after only a few minutes. Maybe you would have better luck if you took a taxi into town.

Joni

On our first trip to Cozumel we too were concerned with how early the shops open. We were told by our cruise director that shops open when they see the ship's smoke stacks on the horizon and close when they leave the dock. We went into town very early and shops were open - no problem. Some shop keepers are pushy and love to bargain prices. We love Cozumel. We will make our 3rd trip there in April.

Our ship stayed a bit later last Dec and we were dismayed that many of the shops downtown were closing at about 6pm. I wanted to shop until I HAD to get back on the ship! We found a few shops nearer the ships that were still open, but not the nicer jewelry stores downtown! Maybe they stay open later in the spring???

Archived