Layout for 4 in Solstice cabin

Craig_K

We are considering 4 of us in a standard, veranda cabin on the Solstice. (Category 2B?). The ship layout map indicates some with "convertible sofa", some with "one upper birth", and some with both.

Do all of them still offer the single, queen-sized bed for my wife and I?

What size bed does the "convertible sofa" go to?

Where is the "upper birth" typically?

Any suggestions or recommendations? Are we crazy to pack 4 of us in a single room for a week?

It would be my wife and I, along with 9 year old and 15 year old kids.

Thanks for your help!

The sofa is like a trundle bed when opened for two. One sleeps on top and the other on the pulled out mattress. The upper berth is in the ceiling. You don't know it's there when closed. It will be above the sofa area. Easier to have the berth and the one person on the couch.

Yes you still get the two beds, available to be pushed together for you and your wife.

4 in a stateroom is VERY tight. Lack of privacy is an issue. Hopefully you are at least thinking verandah too. That will give space for some to sit. THe rooms aren't built for 4 people for storage. But you can find the under bed space good for suitcases and have your kids keep their clothes in their bags. Plan a schedule for dressing and showering, share toiletries and you'll be CLOSE but it can be done. You can always use the gym showers to help when getting ready for dinner each night.

You might want to look at a family stateroom or two rooms maybe an inner and outsideview room.

Thank you. We did in fact book a lucky edge of the hump veranda cabin. I agree that 4 in an inside room would be crazy. I hope the large veranda helps a bit. Our options were either connecting rooms, or 4 in one room and the price difference was significant.

I figure if we each bring one bathing suite, and a nice pair of pants and tie or dress, we should have pleanty of storage room! (Although based on past experience, it's all my wife's shoes that become the problem.)

You know, I am starting to confuse myself. I understand fully the "upper birth" (pullman). But now I am confused as to what exactly the "convertable sofa" is.

Does that mean that it has the "trundle drawer" pulled out from the bottom, or does it mean that the top of the sofa converts into a bed. I am trying to picture how impossibly crowded the room would be with the upper birth opened, and at the same time a trundle drawer slid out into the middle of the room.

Thanks! So I guess we could even get FIVE in the room if we wanted (ha ha)!

One in upper birth, two in bed, one on couch, one in trundle. And I suppose we could even get a sixth on the veranda! I wonder what the pricing is for 5th and 6th in a room!

No reply necessary, just a funny thought.

My family used to cruise 4 in an inside room when my sister and I were younger. We made it work just fine. I suggest showering in the gym showers... they are very nice to use after the steam room. Storage space will be tight, but if that is your only option financially, then I'm sure you'll be just fine. The ship is big and there's no reason to spend a lot of time in your room. You can still enjoy an incredible vacation for a low price. However, if you're ever able to enjoy separate or larger rooms... that's very nice too :)

My DH and I did just fine in one cabin when traveling with our boys who were the same ages as your children are now when we cruised with Disney two years ago. I'm the only female, so they would dress before me (with my help of course :rolleyes:) and hang out in a seting area (where the whole family gathered) until I was ready. We didn't really hang out in our cabin much, though we did enjoy the balcony. My older son is 6'2 and did just fine on the convertable sofa, though he couldn't really stretch out. The cabins are a little smaller on Celebrity, but I suspect that you'll do great.

Archived